Discussion of the UK Government
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By DTR
Membership Days Membership Days
Delia's recipie themselves are very good, but I find the way they are written makes them almost impossible to follow as they seem to be written for someone who's never set foot in a kitchen (I suspect this is down to me be dyslexic and I really struggle to follow long pieces of text or refind my place if I need to look away from the page). Because of this I quite like Gordon 'Fucking' Ramsey's recipes as they have very consice instructions, however out of 3 of his books I only ever really cook 4-5 ricipies, however, his desserts book one that I would say is worth buying.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's a fab combination. Sometimes it appears as the menu du jour in little French bistros. I always have it...
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
DTR wrote:Delia's recipie themselves are very good, but I find the way they are written makes them almost impossible to follow as they seem to be written for someone who's never set foot in a kitchen (I suspect this is down to me be dyslexic and I really struggle to follow long pieces of text or refind my place if I need to look away from the page).
Nope, it's not you. Her books are pretty patronising.

By Malcolm Armsteen
When I retired I made up a project. I went through all my cookery books and found the recipes that I liked or would like to try - it came down to a couple per book, some books had none (John Burton-Race for example) - and typed them up in a standard format, cutting out all the verbiage and reducing them to simple instructions. Delia's recipes could be prècis-ed down from a couple of pages to ten lines...
Same with the Bikers, but they aren't patronising.
Now over a thousand - a lot from the BBC Food website, which is good.
By Squeaker
Membership Days Posts
Mr S once cooked Lievre a la Royale from Elizabeth David's Book of Med Food, the recipe stretched to seven pages and the list of ingredients begins with ' You require a male hare, with red fur, killed if possible in mountainous country; of fine French descent (characterised by the light nervous elegance of head and limbs),weighing from 5 to 6 pounds '.... etc.... other ingredients include two bottles of Macon or Medoc and 20 cloves of garlic.

It was o.k.
By Andy McDandy
I don't mind the Hairy Bikers - wel, I don't mind the tall one with the blond hair who actually does the cooking. The short one with the dark hair who stands around dicking about all the time can fuck right off.

I did enjoy the recent 'greedy Italians' series. They know how to cook.

By Abernathy
Andy McDandy wrote:I don't mind the Hairy Bikers - wel, I don't mind the tall one with the blond hair who actually does the cooking.
Well, maybe - if he could just lose the pantomime Geordie accent and stop saying "dude" every 5 minutes.
C**t of the day

I'm willing to bet at least 98% of those tweeting […]

Local journalism at its best

I like the idea of raising alarm bells...

The Brexit Party

Prediction of local news on day one. Village fe[…]

The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. […]