By Son Of Hand
Membership Days
I must not fuck up the economy.

Etc.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Not that long ago (less that 10 years ago), any new housing development had to include community facilities such as schools, shops and healthcare centres. It also had to include a percentage of affordable (and I mean affordable) housing. Guess under whose watch those requirements were quietly dumped.

It's got to the stage where even Tory councillors hate it, as it leaves you with nothing but McMansions and nowhere for local people to live.
I'm sure the invisible hand of the free market will provide.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
George Osborne admits freedom of movement won't survive Brexit as he predicts talks with the EU won't start until next AUTUMN
Waiting for the French and German elections makes sense, but is surely politically impossible. Imagine the reaction on 23 June 2017. A year gone by and nothing has happened.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4L4lL6jIF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
I did bet a bag of peanuts with a Brexit Bore in the pub that the best part of fuck all would happen until 2018 at the earliest. I think he was expecting it all to happen in a matter of weeks.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote: but is surely politically impossible. Imagine the reaction on 23 June 2017. A year gone by and nothing has happened.
I don't think I 'm being flippant in saying that a large chunk of leave voters will either think we have left or forgotten all about it.

Osborne's manoeuvring his tanks to fill the centre ground vacuum and lead pro-EU Tories when the shit hits the fan. By liberal majority Osborne just means anyone who thinks Brexiters are twats or bastards. Including a lot of voters in marginals who will not wish to lose a penny to see less Poles who don't really bother them about town. Polls are showing people more relaxed about Brexit now as Osborne's apocalypse didn't arise. But I'm sure he'll pick his moment and is already practising his best Churchillian 'I told you so' rhetoric.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:Hes going to be busy though now hes been appointed to some local authority-lets-get-our-snouts-in-the-trough with property developers Quango in the North West
That Northern Powerhouse doesn't fuel itself, y'know.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
D.C. Harrison wrote:
mr angry manchester wrote:Hes going to be busy though now hes been appointed to some local authority-lets-get-our-snouts-in-the-trough with property developers Quango in the North West
That's right! Things like this always bring to mind Poulson, T Dan Smith and Reginald Maudling...

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
D.C. Harrison wrote:
Yeah his bullshit can be used as a fuel source.

Flybmi collapses, blaming Brexit uncertainty […]

Just when you think Yaxley-Lennon couldn’t b[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

It doesn't but it can be a nuisance to Labour.

The Tories, Generally

Exclusive: Tory Party 'In Denial' Over Islamopho[…]