Discussion of the UK Government
:thumbsup: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
Allegra Stratton pushing that line now.

Surely she must go down as the worst appointment as Political Editor that Newsnight has ever made?
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Good post on CiF
RogerOThornhill
04 December 2012 9:29 PMLink to this comment
Recommend
Should we count the number of times he comes out with "the mess that Labour left us" tomorrow?
Won't wash any more George - when you set your own targets and can't meet them then the only people to blame are...the Office for Budget Responsibility.
That is why you set them up isn't it? So that when it all went tits up, they are the ones you point the finger at and say "It was them, not me guv".
When the OBR were making predictions of good growth, I didn't see the Tories or any of their business mates like Simon Wolfson say the predictions were wrong.
I'll let you into a secret Tubbs - they don't know fuck, but their lips keep flapping.
new puritan wrote:Image

Says it all really.
How are we supposed to interpret the Y axis? (I frequently struggle with these economic charts, they remind me of bad Physics homework).
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Good post on CiF
RogerOThornhill
04 December 2012 9:29 PMLink to this comment
Recommend
Should we count the number of times he comes out with "the mess that Labour left us" tomorrow?
Won't wash any more George - when you set your own targets and can't meet them then the only people to blame are...the Office for Budget Responsibility.
That is why you set them up isn't it? So that when it all went tits up, they are the ones you point the finger at and say "It was them, not me guv".
When the OBR were making predictions of good growth, I didn't see the Tories or any of their business mates like Simon Wolfson say the predictions were wrong.
I'll let you into a secret Tubbs - they don't know fuck, but their lips keep flapping.
They're the Treasury with an outside put in charge.

They might as well have stayed in the Treasury, with the UK Stats people (headed by an economist already) keeping an eye on them.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Bones McCoy wrote: How are we supposed to interpret the Y axis? (I frequently struggle with these economic charts, they remind me of bad Physics homework).
Even I can do that one. It says on the chart.
Is up or down good?
Are the bars stacked or overlaid (If they're stacked then why do they split across the zero line.

Let me keep it really simple... Do I want my little diamond to be up or down??
Seems to be a lot of talk in the media today about Balls' 'poor response', which hardly seems like the major issue here. Osborne actually refused to give a straight answer when he was asked on Today whether borrowing would have been up were it not for his 4G and gilt interest fiddle.

More here about rights-for-shares:
The chancellor intends to allow companies to hand employees shares and exempt the recipient from capital gains tax although experts warn that it could open up tax liabilities for some employees and allow others to avoid tax.

The OBR has pointed to a "number of uncertainties" about the costing of the scheme because it is difficult to assess how quickly the tax relief will be taken up and also how quickly tax loopholes will be found. "It is hard to predict how quickly the increased scope for tax planning will be exploited; again this could be quantitatively significant as a quarter of the costing already arises from tax planning," the costing document said. The OBR suggests the costs could rise to £1bn. The Treasury says the scheme could cost £20m a year by 2017 and £80m a year by 2018.
Fucking workers and opening up yet another potential tax dodge in one fell swoop. Bravo Gideon you cunt.
Fox-like News?

Well, this'll 'please' a certain oft-quoted blogge[…]

Rishi Sunak

Surely, if you are playing by the rules, you sho[…]

The Tories, Generally

Most recent article I can find is dated 10/09, and[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

An analysis of two recent books describing the utt[…]