•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Interesting this guy. A sort of cut price Boris in a wig, with not quite the same charisma.

And his name basically means "liar". You couldn't make it up.

It IS a syrup, isn't it?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
I just love Simon Hoggart:
Growing enigma of Mickey's wig
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2003 ... s.politics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the press gallery one of my colleagues sat gazing at the sight, murmuring "gorgeous, quite gorgeous," to himself, for these were locks that would not have disgraced Michael Heseltine or even the original Tarzan, Johnny Weissmuller.

How many My Little Ponies, we asked, were slaughtered to make such a creation?
There were three principle theories, and argument will persist until Hans Blix is sent in.

First, it is his winter wig and he picked it up by accident when he dressed yesterday morning. But this is not likely, since even in cold weather the wig is never quite this length.

Possibly the regular wig had met with a terrible accident. It could have melted and fused in the unseasonably warm weather we had in April. Or a bird of prey might have seized it for nesting: you could raise a family of kestrels in there.

Or - and this is my belief - the wig is actually growing. Just as Pinocchio was carved out of wood and became a living boy, the wig has embedded itself in the Fabricant skull and - thanks to some terrible genetic mutation - it has started to draw nourishment from his scalp.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:And his name basically means "liar". You couldn't make it up. ]
Fabricants? Didn't they feature in 1950s SF films? Artificial replacements of government leaders, military top brass, etc, used to assist alien invasions. And usually detected by some design flaw like unconvincing hairstyles.

By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:How would a pact work? Tories don't run in some seats so UKIP has a free run to come behind Labour?
Yeah I was trying to think of a seat in which it would work? It would be best they didn't run in any seats that is the only pact that would work for the Tories.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:Why do people who wear wigs think "well it doesn't match my sideburns at all, but that's OK - I'm sure no-one will that that's odd at all!".
Erm my beard (and sideburns) are greying faster than my hair and they never matched even before I started going grey.
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:How would a pact work? Tories don't run in some seats so UKIP has a free run to come behind Labour?
Yeah I was trying to think of a seat in which it would work? It would be best they didn't run in any seats that is the only pact that would work for the Tories.
Perhaps Rotherham is being used as a test bed for a future pact. The Tories would never win in Rotherham because there are too many ex-miners and ex-steel workers in the constituency but voters unhappy with the former Labour MP and dissatisfied with the local Labour council could be persuaded to vote UKIP as a protest vote.
Aaron Bastani

He's trying to win Uncle Seamus's approval. https[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If we're honest we are really facing a "glove[…]

Climate change and "politics"

Well done to those kids who went on strike today. […]

The Trump Presidency

He has declared a national emergency on salad (veg[…]