Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 38.1 % ❤ 4.8 % :thumbsup: 4.8 % 😯 14.3 % :grinning: 23.8 % 😟 9.5 % :cry: 4.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
mattomac wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:19 am
What an imbecile....

Track and Trace to be launched by June the 1st, well not the app or anything new.
Seen a rumour on that there internet that one of the contact tracers will be whistleblowing tonight how completely ill prepared the system and users of it are for starting next Monday.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I've just watched Hancock's performance at this afternoon's briefing he was absolutely appalling. After making an opening statement about how 'Black lives matter' he then went on to show that he uses slogans in the same way as he uses his bloody badges. Two journalists asked him why today's report on Covid and BAME communities didn't contain any clearly recommendations and in response he just waffled on about how you can't rushed these things.

Both Hancock and Newton were utterly tone deaf in their responses. Newton seemed to particularly worried that people might think that the NHS was in some way institutionally racist.

By Oblomov
Saw tonight's Channel 4 news piece about Public Health England getting the tabula rasa rebrand treatment, Hancock explaining it as a means of protecting Britain from future external biological threats and definitely not an exercise in shifting pandemic blame off of the government. Stood out as a bit weird when if they'd locked down just one week earlier than they did, half of the deaths wouldn't have happened :shock:

Oh who am I kidding, it's one of the oldest private sector tricks. Original company does an appalling job after raking in the cash, dissolves once it's lost the PR battle and simply reforms under a new name with a suspiciously familiar personnel roster.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:23 pm
Saw tonight's Channel 4 news piece about Public Health England getting the tabula rasa rebrand treatment, Hancock explaining it as a means of protecting Britain from future external biological threats and definitely not an exercise in shifting pandemic blame off of the government. Stood out as a bit weird when if they'd locked down just one week earlier than they did, half of the deaths wouldn't have happened :shock:

Oh who am I kidding, it's one of the oldest private sector tricks. Original company does an appalling job after raking in the cash, dissolves once it's lost the PR battle and simply reforms under a new name with a suspiciously familiar personnel roster.
When washed through an administration (to slough off accumulated debt) it's known as Phoenixing.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Is he calling for high tariffs or low tariffs? I c[…]

US election 2020

I think Trump win- Ted Cruz won statewide in a ver[…]

Labour, Generally.

Potential HS2 commuters are discovering that they […]

The Tories, Generally

Nobody wants to be the only ones standing when the[…]