•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Maybot sends final message from Brussels: “My battery is low and it’s getting dark”

Maybot, the plucky little robot that won a nation’s heart with her lengthy mission to deliver a Brexit deal, has finally expired, delivering a last poignant message that her battery was low and it was getting dark.
https://newsthump.com/2019/02/15/maybot ... ting-dark/

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:46 am
I do think it will be May's deal if Yvette Cooper's vote to prevent no deal passes next week.

Britain may actually get good governance if the backstop kicks in, i.e. tied to EU rules with no bloody say.
Parliament could move to an EEA deal and have public support due to being able “to get on with it.” Most voters haven’t a fucking clue what any of it means.

By Biggus Robbus
EEA comes with an extra advantage of being in the same club as Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.

With an economy the size of the UK in the EEA you may suddenly have a very influential counter group to the EU that will mean the EU having to deal with a counter narrative. You know what the Brexiters, who have always hated Europe never mind the freedom of movement, have always yearned for.

However that would be too sensible. Slash and burn instead. One of the few things I agree with Peter Hitchens on is the only seriously possible way to leave Europe is on EEA terms.

By Biggus Robbus
Well if May's deal goes through the backstop kicks in.

While freedom of movement will stop all other EU single market regulations with apply, together with the customs union, however the UK can no longer have any say over EU law or have a method of unilaterally ending the backstop.

I suppose business may go on as usual, except the UK needs EU workers, however this could be fun for EU lawmakers.

Time to enact laws on straight bananas methinks.

By Biggus Robbus
Basically if you accept May's deal the UK will lose parliamentary sovereignty.

Yet May is too damn stupid to see this. She is so focused on getting rid of free movement that the EU has totally blindsided her. If she had even taken a Norway option this would not have happened, however stopping freedom of movement has caused her to stupidly try and still push for her "deal". Incredible.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Tschja, one might even conclude that this racism has clouded everything in the tory party and goes right to the top.

According to Kuenssberg, it is somehow different. I tend to agree. This is the party of government and race hate is determining the future of the country for decades to come.

Oh well.
mattomac liked this

By Biggus Robbus
Well racists are stupid by definition. Why would you assume you are better than anyone based on race? That's an admission of your own personal failure.

Just like voting to leave the European Union was as an admission of your own personal failure,

It was a cry for help tinged with personal pride. Oh lord. How do we solve this mofo?
Labour, Generally.

‘Deselect Norwich’ was among the amusi[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.