•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
KevS wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:11 pm
Let's face it, now the weight's gone from her shoulders, she's going to stir things up for shits and giggles for her successor.
Houses of Parliament to be razed to the ground and replaced with a giant field of wheat?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
May to warn successors that no-deal Brexit threatens UK's future

May will also unveil plans for a review into the role of Whitehall departments in the devolved nations, in a move expected to lead to increased direct spending by the UK government in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... uks-future

Yeah. That will really discourage Scottish Independence.
Has the row about where EU powers would be repatriated to been sorted? It's gone quiet lately.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
By all accounts, Boris is all for giving Scotland full fiscal autonomy. Potentially giving Scotland a much bumpier economic ride, saving the rUK exchequer a few quid, and effectively chucking the SNP the keys to the car. It lets Sturgeon blame fiscal problems on still being in the UK, while killing off one of the main benefits of the union's existence, which effectively takes the economic argument off the table and wins them any future indyref they manage to sneak past Westminster (probably in return for propping up a future Labour govt.)

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I've spent most of the last 48 hours fully immersed in Cricket Twitter but I really could not resist spreading these two absolute gems...

Arrowhead liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I don’t get cricket but wish I did considering the amount of joy the England team’s giving. Test match fans plan their time with great vigor incorporating boozing, sunbathing and picnics in with their fandom. And Tebbit’s cricket test can now be answered; everyone likes a winner.
Arrowhead liked this

By Abernathy
At PMQs, I thought for a few brief seconds that Theresa May was going to say something nice about Magic Grandpa.

Then she stuck the knife in and told him it's high time he resigned as well.

Ian Austin agreed.

And so did I.

By Samanfur
According to the Sunday Telegraph, Mrs May is believed to have included the former Croydon Central MP in her resignation honours list alongside around 14 other nominees.

But the move has infurated Tory Brexiteers who had repeatedly criticised Mr Barwell for backing the former Prime Minister's softer Brexit stance.
C**t of the day

I'm willing to bet at least 98% of those tweeting […]

Local journalism at its best

I like the idea of raising alarm bells...

The Brexit Party

Prediction of local news on day one. Village fe[…]

The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. […]