•  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:56 am
Jeremy Hunt orders global review into persecution of Christians
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... christians
He will also know that what powers we wield beyond our own borders are all soft powers.
Ones that will be diminished by destructive acts like Brexit and an ever closer Atlantic Bridge cosying to American headcases.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:56 am
Jeremy Hunt orders global review into persecution of Christians
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... christians
I find myself in a Vimes-esque* conundrum here. One could easily read this as an attempt to win favour with actual Christians without actually doing too much really, at all. One could also think perhaps that whilst he's talking about actual persecution, he's hoping to be heard as if he's talking about how you have to serve poofters in the shops now, and they're letting Muslims use our air, because there's no Right-wing fruit too low hanging for J Hunt.

Maybe he just means what he says, though.

*Being a character of various comedic and dramatic prose of Sir Terry Pratchett. Found himself musing on his own cynicism and general pessimism. Ended on the observation that no matter how bad he got, he never managed to be quite so cynical as life itself.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's well seen he's not working on a general policy against all religious persecution, because the figures on who's getting it in the neck, most often and from the most sides wouldn't go over with the Tory base at all.
Boris Johnson

Ripped the timetable out of his hands and shoved[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

As if to drive home the point. I was in Cork for […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Basically the GFA is the single greatest achieveme[…]