Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 46.6 % ❤ 1.7 % :thumbsup: 7.8 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 31 % 🧥 2.6 % 🙏 2.6 % 😟 0.9 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
More concerned about the rather smart people of south Cambridgeshire seeing through her bullshit and voting Lib Dems.
Projective Unity liked this

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:33 am
The Tories, it seems, are managing to unite behind a plan that the EU will reject.
Don't those selfish Europeans know there is the unity of the Conservative and Unionist Party to consider? :roll:
By Andy McDandy
Indeed. Producing an offer that's acceptable to the commons is only stage one. It'll still likely be rejected by the EU, and I'm sorry but I don't think a continent-wide economic collapse is imminent.

So it looks like either no deal or maybe, just maybe, enough MPs put personal ambition to one side and pull the plug.

Betrayal of the people? Denying the chance to affect real change for once? Get in the bin, then roll the bin into the sea. Participation in democracy is easy enough. Start a petition. Attend a community forum meeting. Join a party. But no, they're not big enough, not glamorous enough, too boring, too petty. Never mind that that's how you can affect real change at a local level. Never mind that that's real people power.
By Andy McDandy
How about just tell all the gammons we've left, give them a blue passport and a cupcake each, and carry on as before. As the food shortages and riots fail to materialise, they can say it was all project fear all along, but we'll know better, tee hee.

Seriously, I'm out of any better ideas.

By cycloon
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 am
How about just tell all the gammons we've left, give them a blue passport and a cupcake each, and carry on as before. As the food shortages and riots fail to materialise, they can say it was all project fear all along, but we'll know better, tee hee.

Seriously, I'm out of any better ideas.
Brutal truth of much of democracy. If you changed the cupcake into £10 it'd work even better.
By The Rationalist
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:17 am
More concerned about the rather smart people of south Cambridgeshire seeing through her bullshit and voting Lib Dems.

To be fair to both Heidi Allen and Anna Soubry, and as someone who grew up as a One Nation Tory (not many of these on this forum I am guessing), it is possible to genuinely feel dismay about the Conservative Party. Hard to believe Soubry isn't being sincere in this clip!
Labour, Generally.

‘Deselect Norwich’ was among the amusi[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.