Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 46.4 % ❤ 1.8 % :thumbsup: 7.3 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 31.8 % 🧥 2.7 % 🙏 2.7 % 😟 0.9 % :cry: 2.7 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The private tuition would educate their kids as to how they wanted. The private police force would shoot the uneducated masses if they got angry.

Crime detection and maintaining social order? Stuff that. Shoot some wrong 'uns.

This is what's meant by no such thing as society. No responsibility for others beyond contractual obligations and immediate family.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
visage wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 am
Fundamentally, it seems we need mandatory PPE style education starting as early as possible. Perhaps its naivety, but a more informed populace would improve things. We revel in being thick as pigshit.
My brother has a PPE degree and still voted leave. Claims to be surprised at the way things have turned out.

By Abernathy
Big Arnold wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:18 am
visage wrote:
Fundamentally, it seems we need mandatory PPE style education starting as early as possible. Perhaps its naivety, but a more informed populace would improve things. We revel in being thick as pigshit.
My brother has a PPE degree and still voted leave. Claims to be surprised at the way things have turned out.
Let me guess. He voted "to take back control" ?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 am
Big Arnold wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:18 am
visage wrote:
Let me guess. He voted "to take back control" ?
Don't know. We aren't on good terms at the moment (Don't ask). The last thing we need is an argument about Brexit.

By Malcolm Armsteen
visage wrote:
It's not that simple. Who would teach it? With what agreed materials? Would teachers be allowed a conscience opt-out? (They would have to be). Would parents have the right to withdraw?

You've seen what's happening over LGBT awareness in Birmingham; that would be a Sunday School picnic in comparison. I doubt if schools would touch it with Gove's allegedly impressive bargepole.

As always this comes back to the Meeja and the way they set and promote an agenda. A little less loud hailer and a bit more analysis would help. As would dinging the 24 hour news channels in the nuts.

By Malcolm Armsteen
visage wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Then we're stuck in a vicious circle. An uneducated populace railing against the idea that they should be educated.
Pretty much where we've been since the 70s.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:29 am
Seriously ill, emaciated man who was denied benefits by DWP dies

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... s-dwp-dies?

But it's ok, the money saved can, er...

Fucking Tories.

Let's not forget how we got here before Brexit; After three decades being labelled scroungers and fraudsters by the Tory press demonising and punishing benefit claimants win votes.
The Tories, Generally

Margot James is getting a lot of attention. Stourb[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Trying to claim this was done in the name of Jewis[…]

GE 2020

This'll bring em back to the fold. Trade deal with[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

https://twitter.com/jeremymarchant4/status/1151788[…]