Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 42 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 9.6 % 😯 4.5 % :grinning: 32.5 % 🧥 3.2 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 2.5 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:35 pm
Door to door knife sharpeners were a thing in the 1930s, where the hell did she pull that one out from?
Oh, I can still remember a chap who used to turn up in our village in the 1970s to do just that.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Current excuse level: "Yeah, but what if she's had a knife/gun/suicide belt/tome of power, broadsword and a portable hole".

Magic. We're now at the point when actual violence is an acceptable response to violence imagined after the fact. Preemptive vengeance.
Timbo liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Thuggery. Dress it up all you like, but it's thuggery.

I sincerely hope charges are pressed. And I hope that every single person present who did nothing and looked the other way while this assault was carried out hang their heads in shame. They won't though, will they?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:45 am
What is it about the name Mark...
Just a coincidence, I am sure.
Big Arnold wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:45 am
... or the initials MF ... ?
And a particularty unfortunate one, at that.
Timbo liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
If he was concerned about security, he could have just blocked her path without physical contact. But to grab her by the neck and frogmarch her out, no, sorry, you don't do that.

And yes, you could argue that post Jo Cox he reacted instinctively, but he would have realised very quickly that this lady was no threat. No excuse.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:44 pm
Current excuse level: "Yeah, but what if she's had a knife/gun/suicide belt/tome of power, broadsword and a portable hole".

Magic. We're now at the point when actual violence is an acceptable response to violence imagined after the fact. Preemptive vengeance.
My current favourite is "She'd have been thrown out of a club a lot more forcefully than that".

Except she wouldn't. Door staff are trained to use minimum force and anyone behaving like that would lose their job, their SIA accreditation and likely be prosecuted.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
The whole "he thought she was a danger/threat. Could have been armed" is utter utter bollocks. Look at his face. It's rage. He didn't do this to bravely protect people. He was angry and saw red because his posh dinner party was being ruined.

Assuming this letter is genuine(?), it suggests climate change protesters were already a bit of a bugbear for him:

Timbo liked this

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
He is an odious little toad, and he's got a jerrymandered seat as well - the boundaries drawn to cover the only Tory areas north and south of the Thames.

Years ago he was given a column in a local Islington free sheet, as it also covered the Barbican area which is his patch. Every fortnight was race-baiting bollocks designed to whip up white resentment. After one claim that black people were now legally prioritised over whites for jobs, I wrote him a note. He wrote straight back and said not only was that true, blacks were prioritised over whites for Bristol university admissions. :shock:

.......the thing that's keeping me going is that[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

It's the mini-me toddler I feel sorriest for.

2019 General Election

JOE has sent up the Tories video :lol: https://[…]

The Brexit Party

That there are parts of the country, particularl[…]