Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 46.6 % ❤ 1.7 % :thumbsup: 7.8 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 31 % 🧥 2.6 % 🙏 2.6 % 😟 0.9 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Gyimah has been very good on Brexit in recent months, so it'd be nice to think this isn't the way he would normally behave.

Latest attitudes survey showed the UK more liberal and secular and remarkably so among the under 40s. If the Tories return to the party we know that goes with the grain in order to stay in power I could see them electing a young liberal centre right black leader who opposed Brexit.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Lefroy and Bebb are walking at the next election, and don't have much more "to play for". Greening probably has some Remainer cover in Putney, I don't know if the others are going to come under pressure. Sandbach is commendably reliable on Brexit, but has a (slightly) Brexit voting constituency. 40% voted Lab/Lib/Green though- does that leave her with much in the way of Tory Remainers?

By Snowflake
The 1922 response appears to be that they are now considering changing the rules to prevent a vote of no confidence from taking place within 12 months of a new prime minister being appointed. Only a few months ago they wanted to change the rules to allow a second no confidence vote against May to take place within 12 months.

They really now do seem to be making it up as they go along.

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:38 pm
Lefroy and Bebb are walking at the next election, and don't have much more "to play for". Greening probably has some Remainer cover in Putney, I don't know if the others are going to come under pressure. Sandbach is commendably reliable on Brexit, but has a (slightly) Brexit voting constituency. 40% voted Lab/Lib/Green though- does that leave her with much in the way of Tory Remainers?
Greening may as well jump ship right now, after all back in February she was apparently set to be the fourth Tory splitter but decided to keep her powder dry at the last minute. I reckon she’ll have a far better chance of retaining her Putney seat standing as an Independent Conservative rather than as Boris apologist.

By Snowflake
When it comes to the crunch, how many Tory remainer's are actually likely to resign and trigger a GE? Gauke seems at the moment to be the only one who is nailed on. My hunch is the others, even Hammond will not want to be charged with bringing down the government and will bottle it.

Edit: Hammond has just stated on Marr that he intends to resign, so it's a case of wait and hope.
Sad Faces in Local Papers

I am genuinely really quite disappointed to Harare[…]

Something I was pondering; to take the Brexit li[…]

The Sun

The Sun published a poll yesterday ... A ti[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Hannan on Any Questions tonight, asked a questio[…]