Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 42.3 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 9.9 % 😯 4.2 % :grinning: 31.7 % 🧥 3.5 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Another member of the Gaukeward Squad does a massive u-turn and signs up to No Deal. Perhaps Amber Rudd and Jo Johnson had a quiet word?

Soubry has already called Freeman out for his BS on Twitter.

At this rate the likes of Grieve and Stewart will have joined their ranks by the autumn.
"Why I’m backing Boris to end the Brexit uncertainty and allow us all to move on."
by George Freeman MP

When we triggered Article 50 we knew what we were signing up to: 2 years to negotiate the terms of Withdrawal, followed by a withdrawal without a deal if no deal can be agreed. Three years after the EU referendum we still haven’t left, Parliament and Government is stuck, the country divided and the uncertainty and endless debate deepening the disillusionment.

We have to break this deadlock and move on. Our job as elected politicians is to represent the people we serve. My constituents voted 62% to leave.

We can argue all we like about the lack of information in the 2016 campaign, but the people who are sovereign in a democracy cast their vote and gave us an instruction and I believe we have to honour it. We can’t go on arguing about it. We have to get on and do it - leave the EU political union - in a way that minimises the short term economic impact and maximises the long term benefits.

That’s why I’m supporting Boris Johnson: because I believe he has the commitment and vision and leadership to respect the EU ref result and find a way to leave which the majority can accept. And deliver the bold domestic reforms to spread opportunity and decentralise power to give people and places more control over their lives: to “take back control”.

The Prime Minister and this Government is clear we are leaving the EU on Oct 31st, with or without a deal, as set out in Article 50.

The PM has rightly & repeatedly set out his desire for a deal, and our willingness to negotiate with all energy, but if the Commission is unwilling to negotiate, then we will still leave on Oct 31st. I totally support this position.

In a podcast on the state of politics for Huff Post today some of my remarks were taken out of context to suggest I dissent from the Government’s position. I don’t.

By Boiler
Well, this'll keep the Chiltern Crybaby NIMBYs happy: I expect a 'no', especially when they've won the forthcoming GE.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49420332

And when they win the GE, what will Labour do about Corbyn? Nothing, of course. Whoever dreamed up the £3 votes should hang their heads in shame - but that's just my public view on the matter :evil:

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:49 am
Well, this'll keep the Chiltern Crybaby NIMBYs happy: I expect a 'no', especially when they've won the forthcoming GE.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49420332

And when they win the GE, what will Labour do about Corbyn? Nothing, of course. Whoever dreamed up the £3 votes should hang their heads in shame - but that's just my public view on the matter :evil:
If it's roads it's investment, if it's rail it's a waste of public money.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:05 am
The nasty party strikes again.

Tory treasurer suspended over cruel joke about Nicola Sturgeon's miscarriage

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... 8986722?n1
Pictoral exidence that at least one person has left Royston Vasey.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Ruth Davidson muttering something about "spending time with the family." Proof, that even when any one of this pack of rats is vaguely acting upon principle, their default position is to lie.

Never. Trust. A. Tory.
They didn't get where they are by acting all empathetic.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

This is beautiful. https://twitter.com/DaddyHoggy[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]