Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 42.3 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 9.9 % 😯 4.2 % :grinning: 31.7 % 🧥 3.5 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:23 am
Rory Stewart claimed on Today that there were another thirty or forty "on the brink".

Which begs the question, what else needs to happen to make them see sense?
I wondered about this, whether more cautious types might follow once the cracks opened.

I'd guess they're hanging on for career prospects.
If the opposition can present a united front that will last through an election, then further defectors might see a future home.

For all his fine performance yesterday, Corbyn (again) seems the blocker to any potential Lib/Lab alliance.

By Snowflake
KevS wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:23 am
Rory Stewart claimed on Today that there were another thirty or forty "on the brink".

Which begs the question, what else needs to happen to make them see sense?
Jumping into bed with Farage, possibly.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Mrs A has just read that the 21 Tory rebels, quite apart from having the whip withdrawn, have had their commons passes revoked - which would make them unable to vote today. Can this be true?

By Arrowhead
Imagine what it must feel like to be a One Nation Conservative this morning. Greening, Burt, Soames, Clarke, Stewart etc all unceremoniously ejected from their own party. A smirking Rees-Mogg openly revelling in their demise on the front bench. The purge being beerily cheered on by Aaron Banks on Twitter.

They really should think about immediately forming their own party, not least because I suspect millions of voters would back them right now.
Last edited by Arrowhead on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:39 am
Mrs A has just read that the 21 Tory rebels, quite apart from having the whip withdrawn, have had their commons passes revoked - which would make them unable to vote today. Can this be true?

By Malcolm Armsteen
I would have thought that was a prerogative of the Serjeant at Arms?
oboogie liked this
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
Looking at the twitter replies on that Sky tweet above. It seems that the gammons think it's OK for that to happen. They really don't like democracy. But as someone pointed out it is probably just a cock up on their swipe card permissions, and access will be restored.
Well I hope so.
oboogie liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:39 am
Illegal, I'd have thought.
oboogie liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That stat about Norfolk would have been a damned s[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]