Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 42.3 % ❤ 1.1 % :thumbsup: 12.6 % 😯 4.4 % :grinning: 30.2 % 🧥 2.7 % 🙏 2.2 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Strange to think that four years ago, we were absolutely throwing rotten fruit at the screen because it seemed Kay Burley was dreadfully biased against Ed Milliband in the leaders debates ("Your poor mum"), and yet here I'm applauding her for that tearing apart of Cleverly.

Well done, madam.
mattomac liked this
By Andy McDandy
The guy who ignored the near collapse of the library network, and who couldn't understand why there weren't more right wing people in the arts. Fuck him.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Hitler dabbled - and look where that ended up.

By Abernathy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 pm
Hitler dabbled - and look where that ended up.
I always thought he only took up fascist dictatorship after the establishment told him his work was shite.

Mind you, as Franz Liebkind says in The Producers "Now, Adolf Hitler! There was a painter! A whole appartment on one afternoon - two coats !". :D

By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:37 pm
The guy who ignored the near collapse of the library network, and who couldn't understand why there weren't more right wing people in the arts. Fuck him.
That's him. More of an architecture man than a library man, I think.

By KevS
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Have we had this chap yet?

Follow the thread through. There's more.
Your Norfolk correspondent writes:

He's been selected. And bearing in mind that Broadland is one of those places that would vote for a toothbrush if it had a blue rosette on, it's pretty much nailed on that he's going to win. Fortunately, the boundary with Broadland and us here in Norwich North is literally about half a mile away, so there's no prospect of him knocking on my door.

He certainly won't be missed on the radio. I normally switch Radio Norfolk on at 6:30am to get the local weather, and I've lost count of the times I've cringed at his comments. Or indeed his awkward banter with whichever poor unsuspecting weathergirl who is on that day. He really is a Poundland Partridge. Dreadful individual, who thinks he's more important than he actually is.

So an ideal prospective Tory MP, really.
Last edited by KevS on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By KevS
Custodian still of the 0400 to 0630 weekday morning slot before handing over to, up to last Thursday, Conrad on the breakfast show. Was said to be the inspiration for Partridge, but I think that's unfair, as Wally's quite a likeable cove.

Meanwhile, Conradgate rumbles on. Johnson tackled about it earlier, and said the remarks were unacceptable. It's now on the main news bulletins, and doesn't seem to be going away any time soon. The thing is, what the hell did the Tories think was going to happen? I mean, it's one thing to say something dodgy on Facebook or Twitter in 2012 that you thought nobody was going to find out about, but this was on a local radio station which resulted in an investigation by Ofcom!

Just been said on Sky News that Conrad has said he was actually asked about the comments by the selection committee. Sheesh.
Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8040053[…]

FBU so dedicated and loyal to Labour it disaffilia[…]

The Trump Presidency

Apparently Trump mispronouced the name of the grea[…]

Labour, Generally.

First CLP meeting back in the party. What a fecku[…]