Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 42 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 9.6 % 😯 4.5 % :grinning: 32.5 % 🧥 3.2 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 2.5 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Once again, if an incumbent political party in another country did this or a similar stunt during an election campaign, the usual hacks and Tory drones & bedfellows would regard them as being bent & corrupt, and that you can't trust these dodgy foreigners etc. meaning we're much better leaving the EU and so on...

If this happened 10 years ago, and especially if anyone but the Tories tried such a stunt, the fallout would be deafening. Nowadays, hardly anyone seems to care. It's as if "sure, they're all corrupt anyway".

The UK is well on its way to becoming a Banana Repu... erm, Banana Monarchy.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The EU has waded in, with more of that toss that Dominic Raab said this morning that nobody gives:
But the damage has been done. Brexit coordinator for the European Parliament Guy Verhofstadt called it “dystopian” and claimed that not even Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, or Poland’s ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party – who have both been accusing of undermining democracy in their own nations – would go as far as the Conservatives did.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

Really? I know Raab's a loathsome reptile but that's never prevented Tories from retaining their seats. He was elected on 58.6% to Labour's 19.7% and LDs 17.3%.

I do know Lucy Fraser is panicking in SE Cambs and the party machine are leaning on some independent Kipper nutter to stand down. Its a bit of an outlier due to Tory Remainers being more committed than the national average. Or am I wrong about that given the Raab story?
https://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/camb ... -1-6378721
Jeremy Corbyn.

Thanks for that, Abers. As is well known, I hav[…]

General Election 2019 prediction thread

Post-election PM: Johnson Party which gains mos[…]

2019 General Election

Yeah, the wording and the speed that it was taken […]

The Brexit Party

Do a quick concept analysis on 'Bigotry against […]