Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 42.3 % ❤ 1.1 % :thumbsup: 12.6 % 😯 4.4 % :grinning: 30.2 % 🧥 2.7 % 🙏 2.2 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So none of those Poles who enthusiastically joined the Waffen SS, or robbed Jews on the transports, or who took the homes and property of those sent to the camps?

Watch Shoah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoah_(film)
Timbo liked this
By Andy McDandy
I remember Stephen Fry on Who Do You Think You Are, visiting where his Hungarian family used to live. "Oh, they went away" says a current resident. Fry loses it, saying that they didn't just "go away", and everyone knows what happened to them but is unwilling to admit their parents or grandparents complicity.
Timbo, Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Anglicans are doing God. Apparently (according to someone on Twitter) evangelical nutters have been doing a bit entryism. The Brexit Tory Party at prayer.
The Church of England has stated that sex belongs only within heterosexual marriage, and that sex in gay or straight civil partnerships “falls short of God’s purpose for human beings”.
Bishops have issued pastoral guidance in response to the recent introduction to mixed-sex civil partnerships, which says: “For Christians, marriage – that is, the lifelong union between a man and a woman, contracted with the making of vows – remains the proper context for sexual activity.”
The church “seeks to uphold that standard” in its approach to civil partnerships, and “to affirm the value of committed, sexually abstinent friendships” within such partnerships. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... christians

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
The parade of progress continues...

By Tubby Isaacs
Yeah, I know, this bloke supported austerity and other bad shit, but compare the level of thought here with the populist bollocks coming out of the people who've replaced him in government.

I've still no idea why the Lib Dems ran a candidate against him (not that he'd have won anyway, but Christ). Unlike Rory Stewart, and his brainwaves about trees going up in the busiest shopping streets in the country, Gauke might be worth keeping an eye on.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
I hereby move that The Pork Haystack be adopted as the official term used by this and other forums when referring to the current leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Hold on to your hats, kids! Something appears to be afoot...

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
This should be the glory days but instead No 10 has slipped into paranoia, trusting an ever smaller number of people and sometimes not even each other.

Ministers briefing already. Its not as if Tory MPs backed Johnson's leadership out of conviction so have no loyalty to him if the shit hits the fan.
Labour, Generally.

First CLP meeting back in the party. What a fecku[…]

The Biased BBC

Here's the link I got last week about being on the[…]

Such as this. https://twitter.com/robtownsend/sta[…]

The Sun

Also trending on Twatter: Yorkshire Tea FFS,[…]