Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 40.6 % ❤ 2.6 % :thumbsup: 13.7 % 😯 4.3 % :grinning: 29.5 % 🧥 2.1 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.9 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Just seen this gem in a email sent out by the Conservative Party today?
This is your once in a lifetime chance to own The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020, one of the most historic documents in British history, signed by the Prime Minister who got Brexit done.

Entries to the competition are £5 each. So Friend, do you want to give yourself the best chance to own Brexit?

By Tubby Isaacs
This bloke is a new one on me. Tees Valley metro mayor.

This is the new Tory populism, is it? Give massive public contracts to firms because they're down the road? Anyway, as Rail Magazine pointed out, there are lots of local firms who will be involved in the supply chain. That's how things work these days. Someone points out BTL, Houchen seems to use London-based lawyers when it suits him. Why doesn't he use somebody in Middlesbrough?

By Boiler
Yebbut, to build Trabbies they'll have to reopen all the cotton mills to generate the waste product that the bodyshells were made out of :D

Still, now we're out of the EU they can have two-stroke engines again :lol:

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:50 pm
This bloke is a new one on me. Tees Valley metro mayor.

This is the new Tory populism, is it? Give massive public contracts to firms because they're down the road? Anyway, as Rail Magazine pointed out, there are lots of local firms who will be involved in the supply chain. That's how things work these days. Someone points out BTL, Houchen seems to use London-based lawyers when it suits him. Why doesn't he use somebody in Middlesbrough?
Most of Hitachi’s urban rail experience comes from the former Ansaldo-Breda plant in Pistaio in Tuscany which is where these likely would have built. According to the Evening Chronicle they also priced themselves out of the contract by building a large Brexit contingency into the quote which also suggests that the trains would have been built in Italy.

Houchen has also committed 6 million to expand the station at Teeside Airport. The station is a mile from the terminal with no shuttle and currently gets only a Parly service.

He’s not known as Walking Lobotomy for nothing.

By crabcakes_windermere
satnav wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:50 pm
Just seen this gem in a email sent out by the Conservative Party today?
This is your once in a lifetime chance to own The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020, one of the most historic documents in British history, signed by the Prime Minister who got Brexit done.

Entries to the competition are £5 each. So Friend, do you want to give yourself the best chance to own Brexit?
They've misspelt 'fiend', I see.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Anyway, as Rail Magazine pointed out, there are lots of local firms who will be involved in the supply chain

There was similar guff over some contract awarded to Siemens over Bombardier in Derby. Siemens have an established presence in the North East and Bombardier’s owned by a Japanese-Canadian consortium. I got on a train in Holland soon after which was made by Bombardier much to the fury of Dutch economic nationalists, I suspect.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
youngian wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:20 pm
Anyway, as Rail Magazine pointed out, there are lots of local firms who will be involved in the supply chain

There was similar guff over some contract awarded to Siemens over Bombardier in Derby. Siemens have an established presence in the North East and Bombardier’s owned by a Japanese-Canadian consortium. I got on a train in Holland soon after which was made by Bombardier much to the fury of Dutch economic nationalists, I suspect.
I thought only we followed the rules? The Dutch do too?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
An earlier report I read this morning said Johnson was giving the climate summit gig to the business minister.

No conflict of interest there.

Hmmm indeed.
Boris Johnson

You may well be right.

Dominic Cummings

Cummings to give a statement and take questi[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mis[…]

Roll Call

Thursday other half had symptoms. Friday took he[…]