Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48.6 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 12.1 % 😯 5.4 % :grinning: 22 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.4 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By WTF?
Membership Days
KevS wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:11 am
"This Black Lives Matter thing is wrong. Surely ALL Lives Matter"

"OK, so that'll include the poor sods risking life and limb to cross the Channel."

"NO, NOT LIKE THAT.... Er, we should be helping our own."

"Righto, better feed those kids then."

"NO, NOT LIKE THAT EITHER."
Yep, that's it. Right on the button.

I may have said this before but it's worth mentioning again...fuck the Tories!

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Worst thing you can do in that situation is try. I recall in Cheltenham 1992, think I saw one advert for Labour saying "Paddy Ashdown is Right! People who support Labour should vote Labour!" Nice of them to remind Labour voters of the Lib Dems best card. The Lib Dems won the seat and Labour's vote went down below 1983 levels.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:39 pm
Worst thing you can do in that situation is try. I recall in Cheltenham 1992, think I saw one advert for Labour saying "Paddy Ashdown is Right! People who support Labour should vote Labour!" Nice of them to remind Labour voters of the Lib Dems best card. The Lib Dems won the seat and Labour's vote went down below 1983 levels.
Was that when the Lib Dems fielded “a local candidate” against pioneering black Tory John Taylor?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:31 pm
I seriously think that their vanity, and insistence that nothing can proceed unless it's co(o)ked up in Downing Street and has the Johnson-Cummings logo sprayed on it will be their undoing.

I get why - to admit that someone else has had a good idea is to admit that particular form of weakness they can't stand. It doesn't fit in with their perpetual fight-picking strategy. But when you've literally got the entire country pointing out that you're fucking this one up, it takes a special amount of pig-headedness to stick to your guns.
The Tories have a deft operator in Sunak who could have bundled in the free school holiday meals in a raft of Tory measures to do the right thing without looking too weak. But have chosen to die on this shitty hill. They’re not much better at this politics lark then Corbyn. No one like feel good gesture politics more than Johnson but he’s Cummings’s hostage.

I’m delighted to be wrong about this one that it would play to their base (cracking down on feckless scrounger parents). Tory MPs are making total arses of themselves

By Boiler
Bradley's trying to be Cunt Of The Decade, isn't he?

Mansfield's another one of those places where detonating one of Academician Kurchatov's big fireworks over it would class as an improvement scheme.

But in the meantime.... https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-23/ris ... hool-meals
youngian liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:46 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:39 pm
Was that when the Lib Dems fielded “a local candidate” against pioneering black Tory John Taylor?
Yeah, that's the one. I would say this, I suppose, but don't think it made much difference. The old MP (Charlie Irving) was popular and the swing was similar to Chris Patten in Bath.
Roll Call

A lad I was at work with for three hours on Tuesda[…]

"Boris" Johnson

He always seems to release these pictures on a Sat[…]

The Trump Retirement

One by one, these otherwise and hitherto untouchab[…]

FOB Terminals for the house. They should be hounde[…]