Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48.6 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 12.1 % 😯 5.4 % :grinning: 22 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.4 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:50 pm
I think I'm with Rachel there.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ERG was wound up, and the same faces move full time to domestic culture war. They'll find other scapegoats- "unambitious" UK companies, civil service, Scotland, whoever.
Edwina Currie, increasingly gaga these days, may have let the cat out f the bag on the radio a couple of nights back.

Panel asked for their villains of 2020.
Various Putin, Trump, Cummings nominations.
Poor old Edwina's bete noir was the SNP?

She can't understand how they poll so well.
Has she taken a look at the shower of oddballs and mutants her party presents the electorate?

By Andy McDandy
Scrapping the FTPA isn't much of an issue - both May and Johnson managed to call early elections. Before its introduction, going to the full 5 years (which would still apply) was seen as an act of desperation. A confident government would typically go to the country around the 4 year mark. Longer than that was just hanging onto the grace and favour apartments until the last minute.

As for the next target for the headbangers, yes, we'll be back to the enemy within. Anyone not seen as sufficiently on-side.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:15 am
Given that Wee Nippy is getting increasingly bellicose over independence I have no doubt she is going to be the next target.
What purpose would that serve? Johnson is toxic in Scotland and nothing he says will have any impact.

By The Red Arrow
youngian wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 pm
Boiler wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:15 am
Given that Wee Nippy is getting increasingly bellicose over independence I have no doubt she is going to be the next target.
What purpose would that serve? Johnson is toxic in Scotland and nothing he says will have any impact.
Not for Scottish consumption. As Boilsie noted, it fits into their narrative of it always, always being someone else's fault. That the poor tories are always, always the victims, whatever the scenario.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Lord grant that Boris the Ledge
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Tory Party!

Innit?
The Tories, Generally

More on Sir Dismal Swyne: On 28 September 2019, […]