Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48.6 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 12.1 % 😯 5.4 % :grinning: 22 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.4 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Johnson has united all wings of the party to vote for a deal he knows they'll all think is crap when they have time to read it. Leading your troops down a well of shit they can't climb out of isn't a durable political tactic.

So how would Liz Truss PM play with voters then?
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The split hasn't really been resolved all that has happened is that any Tory MP who opposed Brexit has either left the party or been thrown out of the party. At the same time many ex-Brexit Party and UKIP members have now switched to the Tory Party.

By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:07 pm
The split hasn't really been resolved all that has happened is that any Tory MP who opposed Brexit has either left the party or been thrown out of the party. At the same time many ex-Brexit Party and UKIP members have now switched to the Tory Party.
It's unity Jim, as Stalin would know it.
Stalin would know it.
Stalin would know it.
It's unity Jim, as Stalin would know it.
Unity, Unity, Jim!

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Cummings justifies his lucrative salary as a public servant by ratting out his boss. Good of him to put Sunak in the frame as well
Cummings ready to testify that Boris rejected his lockdown advice

I am told that Cummings, his ally Ben Warner and leading members of SAGE were in favour of ‘whacking it [the virus] early]’. According to a source they argued ‘you should do it now because it will save lives and minimise disruption’. But the prime minister and the Chancellor Rishi Sunak argued that ‘we can't justify it now’, so it didn't happen.

In early September, at a meeting in the Cabinet Room, Cummings and Warner presented data about how the virus would spread by the end of October without such suppressive measures. They believe they were proved right: ‘at the end of October, a meeting then replayed exactly what the data team had projected’, the source says. https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/dom ... -lock-down

By Bones McCoy
I recall the stories had Cumings heading "team Herd immunity".

Perhaps he was misrepresented, through he failed to use his blog or extensive media reach to deny this.
This wouldn't be the first time he had adjusted his personal history with the benefit of hindsight.

Are you willing to take him at his word?
By mattomac
To be fair this does say September.

However the sage data was available in March it showed the peaks and troughs that why I knew my Lisbon trip was borderline, it turned out to be a week before lockdown. Of course in March, Dom thought so differently that he didn’t even follow his own governments advice.
"Boris" Johnson

As opposed to the Half-wit House in Downing Street[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out.[…]

The Tories, Generally

I had a very good RS teacher in school he was a bi[…]

The Trump Retirement

Now then. https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/stat[…]