•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am
Lorraine given a cue to say something nice about her former colleague Esther McVey
Lorraine would win top trumps in a conversation with friends about horrendous ex-colleagues. Most people would have similar anecdotes about lazy, thick or rude people they have worked with, Lorraine chips in with "well, I used to work with Esther McVey." Conversation over.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Visiting the pub is a declining and increasingly pricey niche activity. Still popular with young urban professionals though. How reliable are McVey’s claims of visiting chirpy workers going for a pint after work to test the national temperature? More likely she’s talking shite about what she imagines pub punters would say.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
For 'pubs' read 'Wetherspoons'. Then ask yourself what the connection between an unelected individual who has done more to wipe out British pubs than anyone else and an unelected Johnson government could possibly be.

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:51 am
Visiting the pub is a declining and increasingly pricey niche activity. Still popular with young urban professionals though. How reliable are McVey’s claims of visiting chirpy workers going for a pint after work to test the national temperature? More likely she’s talking shite about what she imagines pub punters would say.
Some of the pubs I visit, she'd be told to fuck off.

But then I rarely drink in a fucking Spoons. I have standards, not a desire to have cheap beer.
Cyclist, Watchman liked this

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
I suspect someone has shown her a PowerPoint about 3D-printed housebuilding. A very cool technology which will pay a big part in our future. The trouble is, she half-remembered what she's heard, and has no ability to communicate it. It's sort of like explaining global warming to a very opinionated taxi driver.
Bones McCoy, Oblomov liked this

https://i.postimg.cc/TPZ1ZBrZ/EG-U-E8-Ww-AEEJv-W-[…]

The Mail & Climate Change

Back in the 60’s and 70’s and 80's no[…]

Boris Johnson

"Remoaner Leftie Traitors." Don't even […]

Labour, Generally.

So all this talk of greater party democracy was ju[…]