•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Her biggest challenge will be precisely the same as any Labour leader also faces.
Achieving an acceptable balance between being Scottish party leader and remaining on-side with the UK parent party.

There's probably a viable minority of people who'll turn out for preserving the union and keeping taxes harmonised across the border.
Start rolling out the Raab-Patel programme and you'll be back to the leisured wealthy and hardcore sociopaths.

Rumours that Nicola Sturgeon plans to recreate this scene are considered exaggerated.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:Should she be in the Government section as she isn't on either side of border? Or perhaps we should put the Scottish Tories under "Other parties"?
Good Question, the next 3 months will show us whether there's a Scottish Tory agenda, or whether they're simply an outpost for the Bullingdon mothership.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/redbox/topic/ ... -cigarette" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ruth Davidson, the Scottish Tory leader, is in London today and popped into Downing Street earlier for a quick chat with Theresa May to discuss the not-insignificant issue of how to keep the Union together.

Davidson was actually in town though to address the parliamentary press gallery. There are two rules for guest speakers at these monthly events: bring jokes and a news line.
And her line?

By bluebellnutter
Highlights from the Graun;
Davidson mocked Andrea Leadsom.
Before politics not only was a BBC journalist but I singlehandedly saved the British banking system during the Barings collapse ... A little known fact was that I was the original Misha the bear at the 1980 Moscow olympics, and that was the same year I won Eurovision. Which speaking as a mother ...

She explained why she did not take part in the EU referendum debate alongside Angela Eagle.
I’d had a phone call from Craig Oliver saying we want you to do the Wembley debate, Labour are putting up Angela Eagle. That is great Craig but are you absolutely sure you want two short-haired, flat shoes, shovel-faced lesbians with a northern accent?

I think he’d never been spoken to like that before as he turned into Hugh Grant and (grunts) ... Then we got Sadiq.

She mocked Labour.
Everyone else in UK politics is either resigning, getting knifed, bottling it, withdrawing, failing, declaring, or falling on their sword.

I think the mad thing in all of the last few weeks is that the last man standing is Jeremy Corbyn. Although I am pleased that the PLP is about to show how united they are by putting forward a second unity candidate against the first.

That’s the difference between our two parties - Labour is still fumbling with its flies while the Tories are enjoying their post-coital cigarette. After withdrawing our massive Johnson.

And then she mocked Leadsom again.
I didn’t say that, you can’t report that, and it would be gutter journalism of the highest order if you wrote down exactly what I’ve just said.

By Malcolm Armsteen
She may be a Tory, but I think I like her...
Before politics not only was (I) a BBC journalist but I singlehandedly saved the British banking system during the Barings collapse ... A little known fact was that I was the original Misha the bear at the 1980 Moscow olympics, and that was the same year I won Eurovision. Which speaking as a mother ...

She explained why she did not take part in the EU referendum debate alongside Angela Eagle.
I’d had a phone call from Craig Oliver saying we want you to do the Wembley debate, Labour are putting up Angela Eagle. That is great Craig but are you absolutely sure you want two short-haired, flat shoes, shovel-faced lesbians with a northern accent?

I think he’d never been spoken to like that before as he turned into Hugh Grant and (grunts) ... Then we got Sadiq.

She mocked Labour.
Everyone else in UK politics is either resigning, getting knifed, bottling it, withdrawing, failing, declaring, or falling on their sword.

I think the mad thing in all of the last few weeks is that the last man standing is Jeremy Corbyn. Although I am pleased that the PLP is about to show how united they are by putting forward a second unity candidate against the first.

That’s the difference between our two parties - Labour is still fumbling with its flies while the Tories are enjoying their post-coital cigarette. After withdrawing our massive Johnson.

And then she mocked Leadsom again.
I didn’t say that, you can’t report that, and it would be gutter journalism of the highest order if you wrote down exactly what I’ve just said.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Sturgeon has RUN OUT OF IDEAS - Ruth Davidson slaps down SNP for stealing TORY policies
The SNP leader announced a series of new domestic policies during a speech this afternoon, including expanding Scottish Development International and increasing spending on primary health care services
Keep up at the back there. TM has announced no more money for the NHS.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/721588 ... P-Scotland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Andy McDandy
"I have every confidence in the office of foreign secretary"

"My support for him grows every day"

"I have as much confidence in him now as I did then"

Liked the cut of her jib.
The Northern Irish thread

Ooof. That's pretty big.

Meanwhile in America

About bloody time this law was challenged properly[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I grew up pretty close to Moygashel myself. As a l[…]