•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I feel sorry for women really. Many of them are amazing people and of the most competent people I know, several of them are women who i would trust implicitly. It's just a shame their gender seems to be represented by Thatcher, May, Leadsom and Clinton.
By Andy McDandy
Possibly so. It occurs to me that while May has a record to defend, and Leadsom's lack of governmental* experience to attack, her opponent can turn those into advantages if she goes on the attack from the start. No experience means no mistakes, no gaffes, no errors of judgement. May can point to her successes, but Leadsom can point to her failures, particularly on immigration.

Might be nasty, this one.

*As we know, in the eyes of the public, governmental work is not really work. Leadsom on the other hand will be playing her "I had a real job" card to her heart's content. And every time the inconsistencies are pointed out, they have to first mention her CV. Which bit will stick?
By mattomac
4 days ago but...
Conservative Party leader preference (Con members):
A. Leadsom: 38%
T. May: 37%
M. Gove: 13%
S. Crabb: 6%
L. Fox: 5%
(via ConHome)
Britain Elects ‏@britainelects Jul 4
Conservative party leader preference, May v Leadsom:
T. May: 63%
A. Leadsom: 31%
(via YouGov, Con members / 01 - 04 Jul)

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:I feel sorry for women really. Many of them are amazing people and of the most competent people I know, several of them are women who i would trust implicitly. It's just a shame their gender seems to be represented by Thatcher, May, Leadsom and Clinton.
It's been identified under "Portugese footballer syndrome".

Almost all the ones you know are lovely people, as are all the ones your friends know.
If you don't know any, you've Mourinho, Ronaldo and Pepe as your sample.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Have we had this one yet?

Tory leadership candidate and family values man Stephen Crabb sent young woman 'sex messages'

Link to Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... -crabb-se/

What's the world coming to?
When I was a lad you could wring a good 6 months out of family values before they caught you.

By bluebellnutter
Jo Maugham QC @JolyonMaugham
Should Leadsom withdraw, appears "it is the duty" of 1922 Committee to find a second candidate to put to membership.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, the 1922 Committee have to find an alternative candidate. Gove? Boris? Gideon? Liam Fox???

By bluebellnutter
Confirmation that the leadership ballot will not be reopened, and Gove has said he is supporting May.

So there you go, that's a wrap folks. If only Labour could sort their leadership issues out this easily.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
So the Brexit crew caused chaos then fucked off, the latest one being Leadsome. Presume they will all now have to fall in line behind Remainer May?

Are they doing it for:

1, To try and present unity

or

2, In the hope that the exit negotiations go pear shaped so they can then have another go at forcing another leadership contest?

In other words, using her as a stooge PM so she can be blamed when it goes tits up.

By Abernathy
Anyone else feeling slightly relieved that Loathsome is not going to be PM?

I do realise it's a bit like being relieved that Fred West has moved in next door instead of Ian Brady, but there you go.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Just for clarity beyond any reasonable or feasible[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]