•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:I haven't had time to read it yet, but from accounts I've read May's speech this morning was, in some ways, not as bad as it could have been.
Snipped from elsewhere:

Right now, if you’re born poor, you will die on average nine years earlier than others. If you’re black, you’re treated more harshly by the criminal justice system than if you’re white. If you’re a white, working-class boy, you’re less likely than anybody else to go to university. If you’re at a state school, you’re less likely to reach the top professions than if you’re educated privately. If you’re a woman, you still earn less than a man. If you suffer from mental health problems, there’s too often not enough help to hand. If you’re young, you’ll find it harder than ever before to own your own home.

But, as I have said before, fighting these injustices is not enough. If you’re from a working-class family, life is just much harder than many people in politics realise. You have a job, but you don’t always have job security. You have your own home, but you worry about mortgage rates going up. You can just about manage, but you worry about the cost of living and the quality of the local school, because there’s no other choice for you.

[...]

I want to see changes in the way that big business is governed. The people who run big businesses are supposed to be accountable to outsiders, to non-executive directors, who are supposed to ask the difficult questions, think about the long-term and defend the interests of shareholders. In practice, they are drawn from the same, narrow social and professional circles as the executive team and - as we have seen time and time again - the scrutiny they provide is just not good enough.

So if I’m prime minister, we’re going to change that system - and we’re going to have not just consumers represented on company boards, but workers as well.
Come. The. Fuck. ON, Labour.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Amid extraordinary scenes in the heart of Westminster and surrounded by allies, Mrs Leadsom said: 'A nine week leadership campaign at such a critical moment for our country is highly undesirable.
But she knew that last week. She's bottled it like all the other Brexshitters. I still think she could have beaten May as opinion polls and bookmakers odds don't mean much lately.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Pound immediately surges more than a cent against the dollar as Brexiteer Andrea Leadsom drops out of Tory leadership contest

Usually known as a dead cat bounce.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4EC03hBRq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:Pound immediately surges more than a cent against the dollar as Brexiteer Andrea Leadsom drops out of Tory leadership contest

Usually known as a dead cat bounce.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4EC03hBRq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In this case it's the cat the keeps you from being deported.

By bluebellnutter
When someone relatively unknown suddenly bursts onto the scene I always work on the theory they have skeletons in the closet. Those who rise through the ranks tend to be more savvy and either cover their tracks or play the long game for years previously, whereas firebrand gobshites like Leadsom spout off any old bollocks thinking nobody will give a shit then suddenly find it coming back to haunt them.
By mattomac
Key difference in this is that this was all done in the last week apparently.

They seem not to be very media savvy, and people do say you can put to much emphasis on that, but in this case it would have been useful.
Last edited by mattomac on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mattomac
Silkyman wrote:
mattomac wrote:The Interview that keeps giving....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reckon the Times have anything else on her. Reckon Number 10 has any involvement in this?
As a mother, all men are potentially peados.
She actually speaks as "an employer" in that one.

By bluebellnutter
Andrea Loathsome really isn't very bright, is she? The "young people should pick fruit" thing has been covered elsewhere but today she's also claimed that post-Brexit we can sell naan bread to India.

Naan bread.
To India.
Fucking INDIA.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Andrea Loathsome really isn't very bright, is she? The "young people should pick fruit" thing has been covered elsewhere but today she's also claimed that post-Brexit we can sell naan bread to India.

Naan bread.
To India.
Fucking INDIA.
... and coffee to Brazil :lol:

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2016/10/ ... -examples/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris Johnson

What the judges say on Monday is what counts. […]

GE 2020

+3 SDLP/Alliance/Sylvia Hermon?

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

This is beautiful. https://twitter.com/DaddyHoggy[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]