•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:'Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors'
If Leadsom had become PM we might all have ended up on that.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Andrea Loathsome really isn't very bright, is she? The "young people should pick fruit" thing has been covered elsewhere but today she's also claimed that post-Brexit we can sell naan bread to India.

Naan bread.
To India.
Fucking INDIA.
Nissans to the Mackems more like!

By bluebellnutter
Yes, Loathsome's back and talking to farmers.
Leadsom hinted that the government would ensure that British farmers could still hire seasonal workers from the EU after Brexit.

I also know how important seasonal labour from the EU is, to the everyday running of your businesses.

I’ve heard this loud and clear around the country, whether in Herefordshire, Sussex, or Northamptonshire, and I want to pay tribute to the many workers from Europe who contribute so much to our farming industry and rural communities.

Access to labour is very much an important part of our current discussions – and we’re committed to working with you to make sure you have the right people with the right skills.

(This may confuse anyone who thought that one of the main goals of the leave campaign was to cut unskilled immigration from the EU.)
Of course, there was such a system pre-FOM in SAWS. However, I highly doubt the people of Boston or other parts of Lincolnshire or the eastern counties which went Leave will be delighted at the prospect of loads of immigrants still arriving and doing the exact same thing as before.
By Andy McDandy
You know, there is a way that they can keep freedom of movement and farming subsidies and reciprocal healthcare and cheap farm labour and all those things.

It's called not leaving. The Sun and Mail can get back to whinging about the EU, everyone else can get back to normal, Fargle can get back to his favourite Brussels bar, everyone's happy.

But back to Loathsome. I half expected her to say that the government would be dragging ne'er do wells out of their beds and forcing them to dig for spuds.
By Andy McDandy
From her speech:
No more existential debates to determine what counts as a bush, a hedge, or a tree.

And no more, ridiculous, bureaucratic three-crop rule.
So, plough and grub up anything standing, because hey, what's an ecosystem when you can pack it with more crops. And the three crop rule? That's the basis of bloody arable farming! Keep the soil healthy by not draining it of one bunch of nutrients while failing to replace them. Crop rotation! I'm not even a bloody farmer and I know that!

Loathsome seems to know precious little about agriculture, other than make it into a cash cow for agribusinesses. Funny really, considering she's a turnip.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:You know, there is a way that they can keep freedom of movement and farming subsidies and reciprocal healthcare and cheap farm labour and all those things.

It's called not leaving. The Sun and Mail can get back to whinging about the EU, everyone else can get back to normal, Fargle can get back to his favourite Brussels bar, everyone's happy.

But back to Loathsome. I half expected her to say that the government would be dragging ne'er do wells out of their beds and forcing them to dig for spuds.
Having read some papers in the past few week, I got the impression that Robots would soon to be taking all our jobs.
But the stories hinted tat robots would be doing increasingly skilled jobs.

Perhaps we're looking at a future when humans fill the jobs that the robots don't want.
Cue Mail columnists grumbling about the good old days when gadgets knew their place.

By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Educational acronym.

Thick As Pig Shit.
You've now got me wondering what other acronyms you teacher spods have. Are you like the doctors with their system - DOFLHD ("Dirty Old Fucker - Let Him Die") - that sort of thing?

But seriously though - we could have had Loathsome as PM. She"d have been worse than May, I think. Just.
By PaulOnBooks
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:From her speech:
No more existential debates to determine what counts as a bush, a hedge, or a tree.

And no more, ridiculous, bureaucratic three-crop rule.
So, plough and grub up anything standing, because hey, what's an ecosystem when you can pack it with more crops. And the three crop rule? That's the basis of bloody arable farming! Keep the soil healthy by not draining it of one bunch of nutrients while failing to replace them. Crop rotation! I'm not even a bloody farmer and I know that!

Loathsome seems to know precious little about agriculture, other than make it into a cash cow for agribusinesses. Funny really, considering she's a turnip.
Without all that nonsensical Brussels regulation we'll be able to use as many chemicals on our land as we like. Cabbages will be five times as big. And we can export those naan breads to pay for the fertiliser imported from India.

And for all you moaning minnies who'll complain that the cabbages glow in the dark (as would people living within ten miles of a farm), well, that's progress.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Farmers are a diverse bunch on Brexit over here in the Fens, some are very level headed and forward thinking and their commitment and understanding of the EU goes well beyond subsidy grabbing and employing Baltic celery cutters. At the other end of the spectrum you will not find a nuttier bunch of nativist ranters.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Okay it's not today's front page but.... https:[…]

Meanwhile in America

Trump = Randall Flagg? It would explain a lot. (M[…]

Toby Young

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pieclone/status/10963[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

anyone not mad enough to sign up to support the p[…]