•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By WTF?
MisterMuncher wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:38 pm
It's slightly astonishing how it just isn't sinking in for Davis et al. The EU aren't changing tack at all, they're being quite transparent and open about what they need to see. Davis seems to epitomise that Costa del sol tourist mentality, that Johnny Foreigner will eventually understand and comply of he merely repeats himself in English loudly and slowly enough.
I reckon they must know the jig's up. I mean, they can't really be that stupid, can they? Anyone who still believes we're going to get a bespoke deal with no downside would need to be really thick.

I think they're playing for time. I think May is hoping to hold on long enough to see a big enough swing in public opinion to justify another referendum.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
No, I really think they don't give a shit as long as at the end of it they've still got their ministerial cars and are cocks of this dunghill.

Remember, as long as you're perceived to be not quite as crap as the opposition...

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Some of them have to stick this out to the bitter "no deal" end.

If not there'll be a lot of disaster capitalists with a lot riding on this who'll be forced to summon their nasty friends.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
:D
Kreuzberger wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:20 pm
Seriously, a boxing referee would have stopped this months ago.
If Brexit was a race horse, it would be dog food by now.

By Abernathy
As Jess puts it, I expect we will cope.

Davis was perhaps the most useless of all of May's misbegotten ministerial appointments, with the possible exception of Liam Fox.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Except that now he's outside the tent. But on the other hand he's been pissing all over the place anyway.

It means he can speak and vote against May. I don't know (I suspect no-one does) the arithmetic for a confidence vote. I suspect that a sensible Labour Party would vote to keep May in place.

Does anyone know where I can find a sensible Labour Party?

By Arrowhead
Abernathy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:54 pm
As Jess puts it, I expect we will cope.

Davis was perhaps the most useless of all of May's misbegotten ministerial appointments, with the possible exception of Liam Fox.
There are so many to choose from, aren't there? Truss? Grayling? Boris? Leadsom?

What an utterly wretched bunch.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Okay it's not today's front page but.... https:[…]

Meanwhile in America

Trump = Randall Flagg? It would explain a lot. (M[…]

Toby Young

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pieclone/status/10963[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

anyone not mad enough to sign up to support the p[…]