•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Steve Baker (yeah, me neither) from Davies' department, has also stood down.

News networks are spinning it as an escalating crisis, but I think that May just needs to hold fast. What has she got to lose?

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
When the PM and the Brexit secretary can't agree on a plan for Brexit it doesn't bode well for them. I think he was a leaver - possibly going to form part of a leadership bid for a hard Brexit under Gove or someone?

So much for her powerplay of confiscating all phones and having a taxi number ready if they want to leave. Dissidents just smiled through the Chequers meeting and waited until they were back in London so they could control narrative. Utterly weak leadership.
Last edited by Winegums on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 pm
Except that now he's outside the tent. But on the other hand he's been pissing all over the place anyway.

It means he can speak and vote against May. I don't know (I suspect no-one does) the arithmetic for a confidence vote. I suspect that a sensible Labour Party would vote to keep May in place.

Does anyone know where I can find a sensible Labour Party?

By Abernathy
The Tories have no time to fit in a leadership election given the very tight Brexit timetable, and in-house catfighting would look very bad at a time of critical national crisis - they daren't risk it. They certainly don't want another snap election.

All May needs to do is hold fast, given that the rest of the cabinet are unlikely to follow Davis' example.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Faisal Islam reporting that there has been a 'briefing' in the Cabinet Office in which the advisors of the ultras in the cabinet are now denying that there was an agreement at Chequers.

Fucking shambles.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:03 am
And another one, Suella Fernandez. Me either.
Not someone who wants to stay around to be accountable

Davis is so out of his depth his resignation was inevitable as the shit hit the fan. Boris will be checking the wind again to see if the time is right to make his move.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
All eyes, however, were on David Davis, the Brexit Secretary, whom May then called to speak. It was a pivotal moment. Davis had little to do with the FCA, which was drawn up by civil servants who now appear to be leading the negotiations. He made clear he disagreed with the plan and warned the EU would come back for ‘even more concessions’. But it was clear that he would accept the majority view.

One senior source said: ‘He is a realist who knows we are leaving the EU albeit not exactly on the terms he wanted, and he also relishes his Cabinet role.’
:lol: :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... quers.html
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Okay it's not today's front page but.... https:[…]

Meanwhile in America

Trump = Randall Flagg? It would explain a lot. (M[…]

Toby Young

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pieclone/status/10963[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

anyone not mad enough to sign up to support the p[…]