Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 58.3 % ❤ 8.3 % :grinning: 33.3 %
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I put it on his own thread, but Matthew Goodwin (before deleting the tweet) reckoned Truss's speech was "exceptional". He mentioned Foucault too.

I'm yet to see evidence of Foucault fans running riot in state schools in any era. Considering that LEAs had a lot of power over schools till the late 80s, and the Conservatives regularly did well in local elections, I'm wondering why they would let this happen in their schools. Or why headteachers who'd trained many years before, would suddenly chuck all that away.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:27 pm
I put it on his own thread, but Matthew Goodwin (before deleting the tweet) reckoned Truss's speech was "exceptional". He mentioned Foucault too.

I'm yet to see evidence of Foucault fans running riot in state schools in any era. Considering that LEAs had a lot of power over schools till the late 80s, and the Conservatives regularly did well in local elections, I'm wondering why they would let this happen in their schools. Or why headteachers who'd trained many years before, would suddenly chuck all that away.
Anybody describing a Truss speech as exceptional wants their bumps felt.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
"Boris" Johnson

Gone down well with the twittervolk, I see. […]

Ashamed to be English

This bodes well for UK citizens living in EU cou[…]

Roll Call

Nothing much more that I can add from whatever eve[…]

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan[…]