•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:As a former member of the POA, I can assure you that Truss is completely out of her depth and totally unsuitable for the position she holds. Her performance on BBC News was risible. I would have said laughable, but lives will probably be lost if her ridiculous policies continue.
Let's see what spin they put on this: Police dealing with 'unrest' at Category B prison HMP Bedford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37891190

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Jeezus H Christ. You have to really feel for the men and women who work in these places with starved and often highly-unstable individuals.

You'll seldom find me coming down on the side of the vatican. Actually, that's not quite correct; you'll frequently find me in full* agreement with Fran. Incarcerationdoes not work.

Except that bit about gods and stuff.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Annnd ...

Another fucking triumph of incarceration: Two escaped Pentonville prisoners left mannequins in bed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37899401

Like that scene in the Colditz story (later nicked by the Fallowship of the Ring).

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:As a former member of the POA, I can assure you that Truss is completely out of her depth and totally unsuitable for the position she holds. Her performance on BBC News was risible. I would have said laughable, but lives will probably be lost if her ridiculous policies continue.
Former Prison Service HQ employee here.

So there's no policy besides hoping it ticks over? I thought Cameron was a genius, ranging effortlessly on to non Tory terrain, and all the rest of it? Turns out all that happened was a speech, and then it dropped off the radar.

Sam Gimiyah reckoned there were 400 new staff coming by March. That 2,500 might take a while.

Philip Hammond must be sick to death of already of the urgent calls for cash that Osborne left him.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As I put it on Zelo Street, in the words of Malcolm Tucker, we're in series 10 of the Big Breakfast territory here. Not that it was ever much of a talent pool to begin with. When you consider Gove or Rees-Mogg the brains of the gang, you realise it's pretty desperate. Since 2010 the Conservative party's MPs have been photogenic rich thickoes like Dan Jarvis or Louise Mensch who could read off the prepared speech from Tory HQ, some old time servers from turnip country, and the ideologues and awkward squad. No vision beyond staying in office a little longer while making a buck on the side selling publicly owned stuff off to their mates.

And May's stuck with her, at least for the immediate future. Sack her now and it looks like the appointment was as much a mistake as the appointee.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
What a choice!

I put Tories in four categories:

1, Tolerable, one nation types, pro Europe - not many now, Ken Clarke springs to mind

2, Obnoxious bastards - Tebbit is the obvious example

3. Oily bastards - Cecil Parkinson was probably the ultimate

4, Swivel eyed loons/weirdos/idealogues - Thatcher(although she was also in the obnoxious bastards group) - Gove, Rees Mogg

Cant figure out which to put Bojo in. Maybe he deserves a category of his own
Boris Johnson

£500m to restore the Beeching cuts apparentl[…]

Its as if Janet Street-Porter needed a few bob for[…]

Richard Littlejohn

But I’m pleased that Only Fools is being sh[…]

2019 General Election

Not too good at this, are they? :lol: https://[…]