•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts

Fairly standard photo call of a Govt minister "on the phone to someone important" like we see often. Weirdly including a star speakerphone, pads of blank paper and a coffee machine right next to your chair.

But wait...

By Kreuzberger
Those shoes with those trahziz are. An. Absolute. Disgrace.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I have in the past also commented on Farage's mustard cords and his cheap n' nasty taste in Panamas. FFS, it's a Super Fino or just be done with a titfa from Primark.)

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 pm
(For the avoidance of doubt, I have in the past also commented on Farage's mustard cords and his cheap n' nasty taste in Panamas. FFS, it's a Super Fino or just be done with a titfa from Primark.)
I went on to Lock's website. Never mind nigh on seven grand for a fucking Panama, a silk topper having 'P.O.A' against it? :shock: And yet somehow, I can imagine a certain MP owning one...

By Abernathy
Killer Whale wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:36 am
I know you're considered to be a bit of an institution 'round here Abers, but is there any chance you can tone it down a bit? It's all very 1970s and, to be frank, tiresome.
Apologies. I do understand that Liz Truss's knickers are somewhat offensive. They might even be tiresome. Or even from the 1970s.

I 'd take issue with your assessment of me as being considered an institution. The VD clinic is an institution.

By Kreuzberger
Boiler wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 am
I went on to Lock's website. Never mind nigh on seven grand for a fucking Panama, a silk topper having 'P.O.A' against it? :shock: And yet somehow, I can imagine a certain MP owning one...
Lock's pricing is insane Very much the typical Mayfair "if you need to ask" mould of vanity pricing. But, I don't think that 750€ is outrageous for a Super Fino with a good three months' work in it.

(I buy mine from a couple in northern Berlin, one of whom is Peruvian and who has organised a women's collective to produce these things, way up in the hills. The $$ goes straight to the women and their pisshead men folk don't see a cent.)

You'll easily get eight or ten summers out of one of these beauties.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Liz has had a good day in contrast to the absurd Brexit Tweets pumped out by her or under her name. As a Hayekian free trader and unionist she’s just discovered some problems with Brexit
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Brexit border plans could break international trading rules, risk the UK's international credibility, and lead to smuggling from the European Union, a senior member of his government warned in an explosive leaked letter seen by Business Insider.

Though Britain is set to leave EU trading and customs rules at the end of the year, the government announced last month that full border controls would not be applied on goods until July 2021.

Business Insider reported last week that the decision raised serious concerns among business groups, who said a delay could be a "disaster" for firms trading with the EU.

On Wednesday, Liz Truss, the international trade secretary, wrote in a letter to Rishi Sunak, the chancellor of the exchequer, and Michael Gove, the chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, expressing four "key areas of concerns" about the government's plans to leave EU trading and custom rules at the end of 2020.

Truss said she was worried that it would anger unionists in the province, telling Gove and Sunak that "this is very concerning as this may call into question NI's place in the UK customs territory."

This section of the letter is likely to fuel concerns in Northern Ireland that businesses in the province will face significant new costs as of next year. Business Insider reported last month that businesses were considering leaving the province in anticipation of trade with Great Britain becoming more expensive.

https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked- ... sks-2020-7

By Bones McCoy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:12 am
I think we should call his the name he earned in Australia: "Dickhead".

During all this "bring back the empire" bullshit, not one advocate suggested we'd be paying their wingnut welfare bills.
The Tories, Generally

It might only be one or two steps, but it's the di[…]

Richard Littlejohn

No. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_RGZ0KeFwU

US election 2020

"States rights" latest. Supreme Court sa[…]

The Trump Presidency

Adolph is an eccentric and frequently horribly of[…]