•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:27 pm
We're spared "virtue signalling" here, at least, but "woke", which I guess is bad. I still don't get these rules of what behaviours we're allowed to criticize, and which ones we aren't.

But on the bright side, the Right never play "identity politics".

If Abbott was a Muslim I doubt the chinless wonder would excuse misogyny and homophobia as simply the byproduct of "practising Islam". IIRC Hannan has form in stirring up anti-Catholic rhetoric particularly concerning the EU.

Cunt.

By Tubby Isaacs
spoonman wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:47 pm

If Abbott was a Muslim I doubt the chinless wonder would excuse misogyny and homophobia as simply the byproduct of "practising Islam". IIRC Hannan has form in stirring up anti-Catholic rhetoric particularly concerning the EU.

Cunt.
Indeed. And funny how other Catholics seem to manage avoid being like Abbott.

By MisterMuncher
The average Catholic skews a lot more liberal than the actual church, which is probably a large amount to do with RW dislike of them in general. Probably no small part of that is the shit-show the Church make of the social fabric in any nation they get the chance to.

The conservative Catholic almost seems like some kind of attempt to counterbalance that liberal mass. Then there's the Mel Gibson tendency, big on anti-Semitic rhetoric, Anglo/Euro-centric worldviews and just really not keen on anyone who ain't exactly like them.

By Andy McDandy
In 2017 many right wing commentators were keen to paint the DUP as having views "shared by a great many normal English Christians", to justify their extremism. I also recall the Mail targeting the likes of Terry Pratchett and Philip Pullman as "dangerous leftist atheists" for criticising the papal visit by Pope Palpatine. It's all about justifying kicking down.
Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/JohnOBrennan2/status/131831500[…]

US election 2020

The Governor of Iowa isn't up for re-election this[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]

The Trump Presidency

Ouch. END OUR NATIONAL CRISIS The Case Again[…]