•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:31 pm
If she wants a balanced Cabinet, it has to be a Remainer. Dominic Grieve? Anna Soubry? Rather than having both outside the tent pissing in.
Do Dacre or Murdoch want a balanced cabinet?
They're the ones calling the shots.

"Promotion for Mister Gove!!".

By Boiler
You're making the assumption that a Remainer will be appointed as Home Secretary. It could just as easily be a Remainer brought in at some low-level position in the cabinet and a Leaver reshuffled into the Home Secretary position. Say, a new 'Remainer' Environment Secretary and Gove promoted to Home Sec? Has he had a go at that job yet?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:35 pm
You're making the assumption that a Remainer will be appointed as Home Secretary. It could just as easily be a Remainer brought in at some low-level position in the cabinet and a Leaver reshuffled into the Home Secretary position. Say, a new 'Remainer' Environment Secretary and Gove promoted to Home Sec? Has he had a go at that job yet?
May didn't have to appoint a Remainer as HS in the first place, and it would mean only one cabinet move. I don't really see it though.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:19 pm
If it's Rees-Mogg, I think I may cry.
In a way, I hope May makes Rees-Mogg the offer. If he accepts it, he can no longer keep pissing outside the tent, and he would actually have to face up to taking some sense of responsibility and competence in the role whereas like the rest of the swivel-eyes right now he can too easily distance himself from the mess that many people could see coming. And if he doesn't accept it? Make it known that he turned it down.

:twisted:

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Didn't Rudd resign over lying to a select committee? But not the Windrush scandal that hasn't done anything to dent Tory poll ratings. This is a bit over the top but the government is showing a no-nonsense approach to immigration which is a good thing, is the general opinion of BlueKIP Britain.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
I'm probably going full on tin foil hat here, so apologies, but I've just discovered that Amelia Gentleman, the Guardian journo who started all this off is the sister in law of our esteemed Foreign Secretary.

Intriguing.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:34 am
It’ll be Javid, because the Tory logic will be having a darkie in the job will keep the other darkies happy after all that fuss where they tried to send them back where they came from.

Backbencher Kwasi Kwarteng has been wheeled out a lot to defend the Windrush debacle.

Is Wolverine butchering secret service guys while […]

Labour MPs I'd like to hit with a haddock

Mrs A reckons that Mann is the Labour equivalent o[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

No deal is what happens if nothing happens. So it&[…]

The Sun

Hamm's off PHILIP Hammond’s threat to qui[…]