•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Bart wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:19 am
youngian wrote:Amber Rudd stood in for May at that GE2017 debate in Cambridge the day after her father died even though Corbyn turned up and now she is taking the flak for May's Windrush debacle. I'm not sure whether she is a steely trooper or Barbara Woodhouse reincarnated as a whipped dog.
You seem to suggest that it is a badge of honour.
I'm not suggesting anything I'm trying to establish what makes Rudd tick; A dutiful soldier who takes one for the team or a political masochist?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:08 pm
Bart wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:19 am
youngian wrote:Amber Rudd stood in for May at that GE2017 debate in Cambridge the day after her father died even though Corbyn turned up and now she is taking the flak for May's Windrush debacle. I'm not sure whether she is a steely trooper or Barbara Woodhouse reincarnated as a whipped dog.
You seem to suggest that it is a badge of honour.
I'm not suggesting anything I'm trying to establish what makes Rudd tick; A dutiful soldier who takes one for the team or a political masochist?
The political Sado-Masochist.

Get whipped by those above, for the opportunity of dishing it out to those below.
Timbo, youngian liked this

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Amber Rudd was told about migrant removal targets, leak reveals
Amber Rudd’s insistence that she knew nothing of Home Office targets for immigration removals risks unravelling following the leak of a secret internal document prepared for her and other senior ministers.

The six-page memo, passed to the Guardian, says the department has set “a target of achieving 12,800 enforced returns in 2017-18” and boasts that “we have exceeded our target of assisted returns”.

It adds that progress has been made on a “path towards the 10% increased performance on enforced returns, which we promised the home secretary earlier this year”.

The document was prepared by Hugh Ind, the director general of the Home Office’s Immigration Enforcement agency, in June last year and copied to Rudd and Brandon Lewis, the then immigration minister, as well as several senior civil servants and special advisers.

The leak contradicts Rudd’s public position on what she knew about the setting of targets for the enforced removal of migrants.

By Boiler
Catkins wrote:Or not. She's got one of the most marginal seats in the country. Even if she survives as a Minister, she's probably out as an MP at the next election.
I remind the poster of what happened to one Stewart Jackson when he was finally dumped by Peterborough's electorate.
Catkins liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yes, because they are a sub-committee of parliament which enquires and reports back (via the library).

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:34 pm
Catkins wrote:Or not. She's got one of the most marginal seats in the country. Even if she survives as a Minister, she's probably out as an MP at the next election.
I remind the poster of what happened to one Stewart Jackson when he was finally dumped by Peterborough's electorate.
So she will start insulting her constituents?
The Northern Irish thread

Ooof. That's pretty big.

Meanwhile in America

About bloody time this law was challenged properly[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I grew up pretty close to Moygashel myself. As a l[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]