•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Indeed. Ridiculous by Lammy.

Williamson is on the front bench though and close to the leader. Corbyn to his credit doesn't support his view.
I know good decision by Corbyn.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Three major NHS trusts - including one children's hospital- FAIL fire safety tests as fraud squad probes claims Grenfell Tower alarm firm installed faulty equipment in HUNDREDS of properties

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Grenfell-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:13 am
The Daily Mail getting mentioned in the Grenfell enquiry for scapegoating Behailu Kebede.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-443837 ... vered-fire
According to the barrister, it was considered putting him on the Witness Protection Scheme, relocating him and his family, and offering him a change of identity.

This is unbelievable, even by their standards. This is beyond unacceptable.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
He grabbed his mobile phone and called 999,” said Menon. He had to ring several times before connecting to an operator. At the same time he banged on all his neighbours’ doors on the fourth floor, shouting that there was a fire. “He left the flat barefoot, without his flat or car keys.”

Some papers had even suggested Kebede was responsible for the fire, Kebede’s barrister said. The police at one stage suggested that he needed to go into a witness protection scheme and be given a new identity because he was being harassed so much by the media.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -scapegoat

The original Mail story has been edited out of all recognition, but it generated these comments
Yemz, London, United Kingdom, 8 hours ago
Evil!
mrs c, scotland, 7 hours ago
So he packed his bags and left his door open?! Not surprised he disappeared when the fire escalated. It seems he also didn't bother to phone the fire brigade as they were called four minutes after the lady was woken. Rip to all that didn't make it. My heart breaks for you

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Just seen this.
Words from a London Firefighter, appalled at the way the inquiry is being lead.

“Well here we go it looks like my beloved fire brigade are going to be blamed and used as scapegoats for the horrific fire at grenfell tower , the fact that the cladding, fire doors , windows and many more inadequate shoddy building works done and passed by the council will be overlooked, covered up so the real criminals will get away with it.

My friends,Brothers and sisters gave all they had that night to save as many lives as possible to the point of nearly giving their own lives , breaking every rule we have to save just 1 more life , sharing face masks with casualties on the way down , coming out changing cylinders and returning into that hell to save more 5,6,7 times risking all to save just 1 more , I have friends who have served 20 years and thought they had seen it all until this , firefighters now carrying the ghosts of those they couldn’t save , ptsd , nightmares and horrors no man or woman should see , but my brothers and sisters carry them everywhere, every single day for the rest of the lives .

Remember that when you hear the bullshit that this inquiry is turning out and the poxy fucking media”

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:07 am
Agree; from what I have been reading I got the clear impression the "blame" was being pushed onto how the fire was dealt with rather that why it got out of hand so quickly
Indeed the reason their being investigated is because of the order to stay put.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -put-order
London fire brigade and its senior officers are facing a police investigation over the “stay put” policy that resulted in Grenfell Tower residents being told to remain inside their homes as the tower block blazed, according to Scotland Yard.

Detectives are attempting to establish whether the order could have breached health and safety law.

Det Supt Matt Bonner, who is leading the police investigation, said 36 companies and organisations that had been involved in the construction, refurbishment, maintenance and management of the building were now of particular interest.

So far, two organisations – the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation – are known to be under investigation as corporate manslaughter suspects.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
From my perspective it seems as if the fire brigade are damned either way. The building only had one stairwell, the elevators were out, it was a bloody deathtrap. The only question was how many people would die.

But yes, the way the enquiry is heading does look as if the establishment want to protect their own.

Which has what to do with your claim that &quo[…]

Labour MPs I'd like to hit with a haddock

The Tories are paralysed by indecision and are u[…]

Labour, Generally.

The fact that corbyn has shown he's far further […]

The Mail & Climate Change

The sort of people who are frightened by a littl[…]