Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 38.2 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 9.1 % :grinning: 43.6 % 😟 1.8 % :cry: 3.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
This is the endgame of their passive selection process.
A club that anybody could join, but you wouldn't progress unless you joined in the "Hang Nelson Mandela" chants, and all their other objectionable shibboleths.

You only have to look at the sort of bastards working for Guido Fawkes or writing columns to see the DNA of the beast.
Piss-head students who never grew up, enjoy causing a commotion, but will run off to daddy's law firm for protection when consequences ensue.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Why anyone could possibly think it would be a good idea to put this complete and utter weirdo in charge of anything at all is completely beyond me.

Worlds gone fucking bonkers
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:Actually, Sajid Javid comes across quite well as the non-looney alternative.
He does, but the closet racist element in the Tory party wont like him. Back to Rees Mogg and Murdoch. I think he would be a problem to Murdoch, he is an impossible sell to the core demographic of Sun readers, Dagenham Dave and his mates. They would regard him as weird and looking like a nonce.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells at The Mail/Telegraph might be more receptive
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
He has six kids and recently bragged that he has never changed a single nappy.

As a dad of one, that makes him an absolute failure.

A failure as a father, a failure as a man and a failure as a fucking human being.

All he cares about is breeding posh cunts to be the next generation of the leadership class, farming them them out to boarding school to minimise inconvenience and ensure maximum disdain for normal people.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Roger Moore is also my favourite Bond!

Anyway, back to Rees Mogg. Part of me hopes he gets the leadership as I think he would be an absolute gift to Labour/Lib Dems. The man is a complete figure of fun and utterly ridiculous, it is like giving someone from Blackadder III the job. He is utterly weird and would drag the party's image back to before the 1832 Reform Act.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
He's is a very sharp debater but his voting record on every piece of socially liberal legislation is enough in itself to take him down. Matthew Parris describes him as Colonel Blimp with a QC's forensic skills. Trump's president and Johnson is UK foreign secretary why shouldn't this man become Tory leader.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
He's an impossible sell for a large part of the electorate. The Daily Telegraph and possibly Mail "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" element might like him but no one else will. He will go down like a cup of vomit in the north/midlands/Scotland etc, he doesn't appear to be particularly business like so I cant see the City/business community being keen, as I said earlier, Sun readers will think he's some sort of weirdo and Murdoch will have a problem there.

I say bring him on, let the bastards crash and burn

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
They are perfectly sane reasons why the Tories shouldn't make him leader but have taken leave of their senses anyway. And its Murdoch who is now bigging him up. Depressed moderate Tories might decide its the best way, in the long run, to kill off this lot for good. I'm increasingly feeling this nihilism as the prospect of a sensible positive Norwegian/Swiss relationship with the EU disappears from the horizon. And PM Jez could solve the problem of lorry queues in Kent in 2022 by having a national autarky instead of international trade. Brexit means Brexit.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
For all his fogeyness, JRM is an anarcho-capitalist who if in power would deregulate the City, slash corporation tax, and let the financial sector do whatever they wanted.

Funnily enough, he's quite keen on reducing state spending, but balked when the House of Commons proposed stopping supplying every MP with bound copies of Hansard (at quite a cost - they proposed simply supplying it in PDF format). Because tradition, see?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:For all his fogeyness, JRM is an anarcho-capitalist who if in power would deregulate the City, slash corporation tax, and let the financial sector do whatever they wanted.

Funnily enough, he's quite keen on reducing state spending, but balked when the House of Commons proposed stopping supplying every MP with bound copies of Hansard (at quite a cost - they proposed simply supplying it in PDF format). Because tradition, see?
Ahh, but you outsiders fail to recognise the difference between GOOD state spending (on stuff that JRM likes) and bad state spending (money wasted on the unappreciative poor).

What I want to know is when I can pay my £3.00 to vote him in as leader.
Jeremy Corbyn.

2 more days. 2 more days until functioning oppos[…]

Roll Call

You deserve a prolonged shower chez Boiler. It o[…]

Michael Gove

We can hope.

Boris Johnson

He just made it onto the doorstep to clap for the […]