Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 33.3 % ❤ 3.9 % :thumbsup: 9.8 % :grinning: 47.1 % 😟 2 % :cry: 3.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I think there's a lot of scope for shenanigans with Imperial units.

Le Mogg has not specified a standard Imperial unit for any type of measure - and there are so many to choose from.

Quoting (for example) fuel consumption in a variety of different units:
Furlongs per fluid ounce, leagues per quart, spindles per bushel etc etc.

While we're at it we could introduce traditional London nomenclature for quantities of cash:

A Monkey - Hourly rate for trimming one's wisteria (Maaatron!!).
Twice that's a bag - The sum required for Priti Patel to answer her phone.
And twice that's an Archer - the price of silence from a lady of ill repute (allegedly).

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:57 pm
While we're at it we could introduce traditional London nomenclature for quantities of cash:

A Monkey - Hourly rate for trimming one's wisteria (Maaatron!!).
Twice that's a bag - The sum required for Priti Patel to answer her phone.
And twice that's an Archer - the price of silence from a lady of ill repute (allegedly).
Oi slaaag, you missed aht the pony!

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:39 pm
I read about that double spacing after full stops. Bloke on Twitter (seemed plausible) reckoned that was a typewriter thing because a single space did look a bit odd. Computers by the year 2019 have learnt how to make a single pace look right.
It is. Dates from those days when we taught girls how to type on manual typewriters with one choice of monospaced font.

Proportional text renders it useless, apart from those who still insist on doing it (and who should have their keyboards rammed up their arses) because of some affectation.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soc ... 0312145785

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:06 pm
One and a quarter toshes to the dollar.
Forty two tanners to the guinea.
Four Joeys to the Bob.
I 'ope you're not dissin'the Guvnor - or mister 'Oskins as he likes to be called.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Personally I feel it’s the thin end of the wedge. If you give Rees-Mogg 25.4 mm he‘ll take 1.609344 km.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:35 pm

I 'ope you're not dissin'the Guvnor - or mister 'Oskins as he likes to be called.
A real gentleman.
A friend of mine's father was the transportation captain on one of his films, and they struck up a frendship that lasted until Hoskin's death - he never missed a birthday for her mother or the kids. She says he was a truly nice person.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:23 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:39 pm
I read about that double spacing after full stops. Bloke on Twitter (seemed plausible) reckoned that was a typewriter thing because a single space did look a bit odd. Computers by the year 2019 have learnt how to make a single pace look right.
It is. Dates from those days when we taught girls how to type on manual typewriters with one choice of monospaced font.

Proportional text renders it useless, apart from those who still insist on doing it (and who should have their keyboards rammed up their arses) because of some affectation.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soc ... 0312145785
Cheers.

It's funny that the Rees Mogg Right is so contemptuous of the civil service. Because what this bollocks reminds me of more than anything is some overpromoted time server looking to assert their authority.
spoonman, Samanfur liked this

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Zuriblue wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:43 am
Personally I feel it’s the thin end of the wedge. If you give Rees-Mogg 25.4 mm he‘ll take 1.609344 km.
As he'd have you believe, the wedge is only a recent invention where he hails from.
C**t of the day

I'm willing to bet at least 98% of those tweeting […]

Local journalism at its best

I like the idea of raising alarm bells...

The Brexit Party

Prediction of local news on day one. Village fe[…]

The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. […]