Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 46.7 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 34.8 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 5.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We are beginning to see the Tory party stripped bare, Any one of them who enjoyed a shred of credibility has now been exposed by the rigours of office and/or their own jostling via their friends in the press. Now that Johnson and Gove have rendered themselves toxic, who is left? Fox is forever tainted. Javid is an ash-covered, bumbling fool. Phil is seen as too wet.

Who is indeed left? Wholly unsuitable characters like Mogg - this week's Leadsome in a calico suit and sporting a monocle - or Rudd...

To me, that looks like a straight fight between a posh, xenophobic novice and a Home Secretary who is given an extraordinarily easy ride in the face of an inability to make a decision, yet is an ardent pro-European.

Not good, is it?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Not good at all.

The Brexit bill is cataclysmic. Only a swerve will save us
Polly Toynbee
Today parliament returns, led by the most dangerously incompetent and decadent government in modern times. This parliament will seal the country’s fate permanently and, on current form, fatally: nothing in the conduct of Brexit suggests any understanding of the cataclysm ahead. Instead the summer has seen only callow jockeying for position between would-be Tory leaders of unbelievable unsuitability.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ons-labour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
Conservative Jacob Rees-Mogg has told GMB he opposes abortion and believes it should not be an option, even after a woman has been raped
That's him done, isn't it? He's against same sex marriage (which was enough for the press to hound Tim Farron in a bid to kill off the only anti-brexit party) as well.

If this doesn't end him as a serious candidate, then viva the fucking revolution.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:It won't appeal to the people the Conservatives need to win over to win an election.
Osbourne at least understood that the Tories wouldn't survive led by a fox hunting, anti-abortion homophobe. And I think I've underestimated in the past how large the electorate is that judge a leader's character on these issues. Mogg4leader hurrah

By Bones McCoy
Kreuzberger wrote:We are beginning to see the Tory party stripped bare, Any one of them who enjoyed a shred of credibility has now been exposed by the rigours of office and/or their own jostling via their friends in the press. Now that Johnson and Gove have rendered themselves toxic, who is left? Fox is forever tainted. Javid is an ash-covered, bumbling fool. Phil is seen as too wet.

Who is indeed left? Wholly unsuitable characters like Mogg - this week's Leadsome in a calico suit and sporting a monocle - or Rudd...

To me, that looks like a straight fight between a posh, xenophobic novice and a Home Secretary who is given an extraordinarily easy ride in the face of an inability to make a decision, yet is an ardent pro-European.

Not good, is it?
It's almost as though we should, you know, elect a different party.

By Andy McDandy
bluebellnutter wrote:It won't appeal to the people the Conservatives need to win over to win an election.
I think their new tactic is to try to rekindle the apathy among the young, and focus on winning over the thick pensioner vote.
Sir Keir Starmer

Starmer is going into self-isolation after an aide[…]

Labour, Generally.

A lot picking up on The Corebot's errant apostroph[…]

Boris Johnson

Inclined to agree myself, although "the malic[…]

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

Every week she seems to be getting better. Ag[…]