Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 39.7 % ❤ 2.7 % :thumbsup: 11 % :grinning: 38.4 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 6.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:09 pm
It really has got to go, hasn't it? Ironic that the bastards are so fond of the phrase "not fit for purpose".
My preferred solution:

1) relocate parliament to either the Midlands or North England
2) turn the current dump into a tourist attraction replete with clown cars & fairground rides
3) scrap the boundary changes & up the number of MP’s from 650 to 800

When the Tories start bleating about the extra MP’s and “the spiralling cost of politics” or some such hypocritical nonsense, remind them that is was they who were originally all about “embracing localism”. And then, finally, gerrymander the fuck out of the new boundaries so that for every Hampshire East we get Islington North, Islington South, Islington West, Islington East, Islington Central, Islington Valley, Islington Forest, Vale of Islington etc :lol:

What’s not to like?
youngian liked this

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:13 pm
Boiler wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Somebody just burn that fucking Gothic pile down, please?
I'll hold your coat. Then we'll get rid of that sodding Gothic bridge.
You're not having a garden bridge in its place, Malc :wink:

By crabcakes_windermere
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:34 pm
What's in it for Johnson to have Rees-Mogg twatting about in government? I realize the bench isn't all that strong, but even so.
Mogg is above all else cripplingly vain, and egotistical - hence his imbecilic ‘style guide’ etc. So now he has a job he has to stay more in line rather than being a nuisance, because to be sacked would be unthinkable.

By Boiler
Dozy, brain-dead cunts. :evil:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52895430
MPs who cannot attend Parliament for age or medical reasons will be able to question the government remotely but not vote, says Jacob Rees-Mogg. The Leader of the House said he would lay a motion to be voted on this Wednesday, ensuring some virtual proceedings can continue for the group.

But critics say the move would still be "discriminatory" against those unable to attend for other reasons.

By The Red Arrow
It would also be discriminatory against those who the MPs allegedly represent. A basic cornerstone of the parliamentary "democracy" that Rees-Mogg claims to cherish ignored for political expediency and the tosser's chorus behind the pork haystack tomorrow.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm
Dozy, brain-dead cunts. :evil:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52895430
MPs who cannot attend Parliament for age or medical reasons will be able to question the government remotely but not vote, says Jacob Rees-Mogg. The Leader of the House said he would lay a motion to be voted on this Wednesday, ensuring some virtual proceedings can continue for the group.

But critics say the move would still be "discriminatory" against those unable to attend for other reasons.

I think so. The Tories have an 80 seat majority so I can't think of any cunning reasons for Rees-Mogg to exclude remote voting.

Ça commence bien...

Nigel Farage

One would hope that the constabulary are obliged t[…]

US election 2020

I didn't realize that Missouri has a Medicaid Ex[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Oh the grand ole duke of York...