Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 46.2 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 8.8 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 35.2 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 5.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I don't care too much for pillorying his children, it is not their fault. Granted, they have a better life than waking up, malnourished, next to a dead mother in Glasgow but that is just luck.

What I care about is this absurd uniform cult which is calibrated for superiority. This is a system that mandates burgundy gilets and mustard knickerbockers down the King's Road. That's your enemy, right there.
spoonman liked this

By Samanfur
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:30 pm
Why does #2 sibling look like George Osborne?
Cabinet ride sharing?
It's already been noted on Twitter that the youngest of those five is notably fair haired, and rounder in the face.

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:45 pm
What I care about is this absurd uniform cult which is calibrated for superiority. This is a system that mandates burgundy gilets and mustard knickerbockers down the King's Road. That's your enemy, right there.
One can never have too much Jeremy Hardy.
Sandi Toksvig: “Jeremy: who says the children are better off with ‘a little buddha discipline’?”

Jeremy Hardy: “Somebody, the leader of the ATL, which is the Association of Teachers and Lecher- Lecturers, which is randy teachers, says that middle class children are pampered little buddhas. I don’t get the reference, coz you think of the Buddha as being a sort of semi-clad, obese, you know, bi-polar paperweight. Was the Buddha pampered, I thought he was ascetic, I thought he moaned around saying, ‘Oh no, no more for me, thanks, I’m the Buddha’, being, sort of quiet, you know, and modest and that. Well, we know that middle class parents indulge their children, because they all think, Michael is so bright, very, very bright, that’s why they’re doing so badly in school, because they’re so bright. The [teachers] don’t understand their answers, you see. I think the reason they misbehave is because they’re bored in the [classrooms], because they’re so bright. They’re not being stretched. Properly. And Hermione is so bright, and that’s why she misbehaves, I think, she’s so much brighter than the other children, and that’s why she sets fire to them, I think.”

“They won’t concentrate on the children of the poor, ‘Oh, these terrible chav children, it’s awful, they’re all gypsies and they’re terrible, and they park their caravans in the class room, with their illegal, violent dogs, and they’re all footpads and highwaymen, and it’s all terrible, and these days your child daren’t go to a state school, because they will be immediately impregnated, by some awful, beastly costermonger’s child, and it’s terrible, and actually, it turns out that the worst and most badly behaved, lazy and indulged children are children of the middle class, in schools, and it’s the industrious, hard-working children, barefoot children from those parts of the country where the old fish mines have closed that are much maligned, they’re the salt of the earth, and it’s all the children with stupid, made-up names like Hosepipe and Otterworm, where…”

“The ones who can afford it put their children in private schools, where they make them wear these preposterous uniforms, and you think, don’t make them [wear], that’s a stone magnet is that blazer, you’ve just turned your child, by making them wear vermillion trouser suits, and, you know, a sort of Norman French falconer’s gauntlet, you’ve made them into a pebble target!”

Toksvig: “Jeremy, you’ll have to stop, because I’m going to die!” May 1st, 2012.

By crabcakes_windermere
When I was at 6th form, there was another 6th form in town - one belonging to the grammar school. It didn't have a uniform, but the boys (all boys, of course - girls are clearly too stupid to go to grammar school) had to wear suits. So effectively a uniform regardless. This was in the early 90s, so the suits were just coming out of the 80s shoulder-pad phase but many were obviously hand-me-downs of Thatcher-era 1980s power suits. Suffice to say when we passed the grammar kids in the street they always simultaneously looked piss miserable and like absolute stuck-up cunts.

By The Red Arrow
You'd have thought that short one who looks like Penfold from Danger Mouse would have been playing Don Estelle to Mogg's Windsor Davies there. That sort of bollocks is right up his street. Noticeable by his absence. Oooooh, what's name again? Francis? Franco? Oh, it'll come to me. Anybody seen him?

By davidjay
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:45 pm
You'd have thought that short one who looks like Penfold from Danger Mouse would have been playing Don Estelle to Mogg's Windsor Davies there. That sort of bollocks is right up his street. Noticeable by his absence. Oooooh, what's name again? Francis? Franco? Oh, it'll come to me. Anybody seen him?
You mean the ex-minister in his fifties?

By Oblomov
davidjay wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm
He's off again. It's all a big game to them.

I thought a staunch parliamentarian such as him would find this action in contempt of the very serious matters of governance?

Question asked rhetorically as I know it's only contemptuous when lower class scoundrels play up instead of showing perennial gratitude for being allowed into such hallowed halls in the first place.
Boiler liked this
US election 2020

'misallocated' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in […]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/JohnOBrennan2/status/131831500[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]

The Trump Presidency

Ouch. END OUR NATIONAL CRISIS The Case Again[…]