•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
[quote]Justice secretary told to 'get a grip' on backlog of prisoners held beyond sentence[/quote]
Now he is urging the justice secretary, David Lidington, to introduce urgent changes of the type agreed by the former justice secretary Michael Gove before he was replaced by Liz Truss.
The Ministry of Justice says it is working closely with the Parole Board to process the cases as quickly as possible

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... p#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:58 am
The DM is claiming ministers are plotting to put Gove in as caretaker PM. With only three weeks to go before 11 March, I can't see how dumping May will change anything.

Its highly possible May's lid has flipped and is going to fuck the lot of you by driving over the No Deal cliff. I doubt having Gove at the wheel is going to slam the breaks on.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am
She won't go; she's even more stubborn than the Maggon ever was. And she does pride herself in being a "bloody difficult woman". Nope, stuck with her until however this fiasco resolves itself is over.
The best description I've heard about Theresa May in the last few days is that she is "unflushable".

I guess Rees-Mogg and fellow swivel eyed loons in the Tory backbenches are heavily regretting prematurely shooting their load back in December.
Arrowhead, Oblomov, Timbo liked this

By Oblomov
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:38 pm
Men in suits. French doors. Glass of whisky and service revolver.
Which for me raises the question of how is the 1922 committee any less unelected than the bureaucrats in Brussels :?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:33 pm
Boiler wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am
She won't go; she's even more stubborn than the Maggon ever was. And she does pride herself in being a "bloody difficult woman". Nope, stuck with her until however this fiasco resolves itself is over.
The best description I've heard about Theresa May in the last few days is that she is "unflushable".

I guess Rees-Mogg and fellow swivel eyed loons in the Tory backbenches are heavily regretting prematurely shooting their load back in December.
"Unflushable" a classic episode form the brilliant series Coupling.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:45 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:38 pm
Men in suits. French doors. Glass of whisky and service revolver.
Which for me raises the question of how is the 1922 committee any less unelected than the bureaucrats in Brussels :?
Because they're British.
Labour, Generally.

‘Deselect Norwich’ was among the amusi[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.