:thumbsup: 20 % :grinning: 80 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Press will go into Anyone but Corbyn mode.
Didn't quite go the way they wanted last time, so always a slim chance that (Mail/Express aside, natch) some may hedge bets to avoid being seen to have backed a loser.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
D.C. Harrison wrote:
Andy McDandy wrote:Press will go into Anyone but Corbyn mode.
Didn't quite go the way they wanted last time, so always a slim chance that (Mail/Express aside, natch) some may hedge bets to avoid being seen to have backed a loser.
The Sun possibly will. Its got previous form for following whichever way the wind is blowing
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
IF, and its a big IF, a Corbyn led Labour party gets a lot of traction with the public and looked like it was going to win a GE I can actually see the Sun trying to crawl round with some "We loved Jez all along" bollocks.

I strongly suspect though, and sincerely hope that, the disgusting rag would be told to piss off.

The Mail would go into full on Fuhrer ranting in the bunker, circa April 1945, mode. The Express would just put pictures of Brenda and health scares on the front page and no one would give a shit.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Not with Gallagher at the helm. He's using the Sun as his bid for the Mail editorship if and when Dacre fucks off. The guy's a true believer. Seriously, look at his editorials and ask how you think they go down with the tits and lager demographic.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Not with Gallagher at the helm. He's using the Sun as his bid for the Mail editorship if and when Dacre fucks off. The guy's a true believer. Seriously, look at his editorials and ask how you think they go down with the tits and lager demographic.
Yes, but what if, and when, the tits/lager/cheap holidays in Spain gang start to suffer due to Brexit?

Does he ignore them so they defect to the Mirror (small minority admittedly) or more likely the Star/Sport?

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Presumably from next summer the old "£3 holidays in the super soaraway Sun" stuff will have to start being reined back a bit. Which would be awkward. Unless they start making it £2 and offering trips to Bognor.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Talking about The Sun and cheap holidays reminds me of a client I used to deal with at my last job.

It was a holiday parks operator with about 20 sites scattered around the UK and they had done a promotion with The Sun with coupons for reduced prices at their parks. They got a fair few, and this resulted in an increase in the number of dodgy liability claims being submitted.

I went on a quarterly claims meeting and the guy in the admin department said "Its that bloody promotion with The Sun that we ran, I told them it would attract idiots!"

That's fair enough, and I can think of no better[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Beck took Cambridge up two divisions in as many ye[…]

The Biased BBC

So has anything happened re Robbie Gibb. Or is it […]

Boris Johnson

But he's had an expensive edercashun, dont'cha kno[…]