•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:I can't see them backing Corbyn. I could see them not backing anyone outright.
Ramping up the anti-eu pressure to make sure whoever wins dances to their tune.

Possible backroom deal with old Jezza to tone it down a bit as long as he promises to keep up his 'basically-the-same-as-Farage' attitude towards dragging the country out of the EU.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
W reg'd 1980-1, at that time Landrover was part of British Leyland and nationalised. Now, we don't have any volume British owned vehicle manufacturers at all.

Civil war looming in the Tory Party now I reckon with a cunt off between Williamson, Johnson and Mogg.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

As Portillo and Archer will testify you need to at least try to hide your cuntishness and ambition if you want the top spot.
'My family means everything to me. I almost threw it away': Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson confesses to affair with more junior married colleague but says his wife has forgiven him

New Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson confessed last night to a fling that at one time threatened to end his marriage.

The rising Tory star, touted as a possible next party leader, admitted that the brief office romance with a former colleague was ‘a dreadful mistake’ but said his wife Joanne had forgiven him.

It occurred before he embarked on a career in politics but he is understood to have revealed details to party officials when he first ran for selection as an MP more than a decade ago. He has also told Downing Street.

Mr Williamson told the Daily Mail he became involved with the married woman in 2004, while working as a manager at fireplace manufacturer Elgin & Hall in Yorkshire.

‘I had a good relationship with everyone I worked with, but with one person this started to develop into something more,’ he said. ‘We had to travel together and spent a lot of time in each other’s company, the relationship became flirtatious and a couple of times we shared a kiss.

‘It never went further than that, but this had a profound impact on us both and those close to us. It was a dreadful mistake and stopped as suddenly as it had started.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z55INs8sBM

The Fleet Street crocodiles won't be content with that nibble. Or is he a boring twat making himself sound more exciting by 'sharing a kiss'?

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
It seems like there might be a bit more to the story than the Mail (and Mr Williamson) would have us believe:
The Mail interview was published a few hours after Williamson’s lawyers refused to answer a series of questions from the Guardian about his departure from the fireplace firm Elgin & Hall, where he was the managing director in 2004.

In the article, he said the relationship “became flirtatious and a couple of times we shared a kiss”. He said he decided to leave the company to save his marriage to Joanne, a former schoolteacher.

However, a number of sources have suggested a more complicated story.

In a series of exchanges that began on Thursday, Williamson’s lawyers refused to say:

Whether the woman reported Williamson’s behaviour to her line manager and an internal process followed.

What the outcome of that process was.

The terms on which he departed and whether he received a pay-off.

Whether it was right for a managing director to engage in a relationship with a junior colleague.

Why there appears to be no mention of his employment at Elgin & Hall in his official profile or social media.

Interviews with former employees from the firm and its parent company, Aga Foodservice Group, established that the woman who became involved with Williamson was a junior manager.

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 pm
Or is he a boring twat making himself sound more exciting by 'sharing a kiss'?
Have you heard him speak...? He sounds exactly like the sort of person that would keep a pet tarantula.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He's another politician who has seen what Trump does when there's a bad moon risin', he chips in a deflection.

The[se] comments were published on the same day the Daily Mail revealed he "almost threw away" his marriage after kissing a colleague in 2004.

Russia wants to cause "so much pain to Britain" that it could launch an attack killing "thousands and thousands and thousands", the Defence Secretary has warned.

Gavin Williamson predicted that Russia would launch an offensive not by arriving on a land craft at Brighton beach but targeting the UK's critical energy infrastructure.

He speculated the attack would come as a missile launch or cyberattack.
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Okay it's not today's front page but.... https:[…]

Meanwhile in America

Trump = Randall Flagg? It would explain a lot. (M[…]

Toby Young

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pieclone/status/10963[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

anyone not mad enough to sign up to support the p[…]