•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
That's what technology is for. Apparently.

Do you think it's possible that Ms Patel hasn't bothered to think this through because it's just a gobbet of raw meat to chuck to the slavering dogs od Brexit?
Boiler liked this

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am
Won't there be an issue though with citizens of the other 26 states crossing in to N.I.?
Physical presence isn't really an issue. There is already (I believe, although sands may have shifted) a visa waiver in the offing for EU citizens. There is no system of checking people in an out of the CTA as there is in Schengen.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am
That's what technology is for. Apparently.

Do you think it's possible that Ms Patel hasn't bothered to think this through because it's just a gobbet of raw meat to chuck to the slavering dogs od Brexit?
There's a bit of me that wants the EU to say to Patel and Johnson "Okay, you say 'technology' is the answer. Show us it working, now. Not vapourware, the real deal. Now."

By MisterMuncher
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am
Won't there be an issue though with citizens of the other 26 states crossing in to N.I.?
Not if you eliminate economic migration by fucking the economy to death and shitting it into hell.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:49 pm
Not if you eliminate economic migration by fucking the economy to death and shitting it into hell.
A not unreasonable analysis of the situation...

By MisterMuncher
It's merely an extension of the hostile environment policy. As before, it's about keeping Pavel the plumber and Ali the chef out. Not so much with the oligarchs, demi-monarchs and overmonied shitheels with worse records than Fergal Sharkey. They're even more welcome.
Boiler, Cyclist liked this

By Arrowhead
Priti Patel suffers from the same problem as George Osborne i.e. she seems to have a smirk permanently etched on her face. She could be reading out a Wilfred Owen poem and still look as if she is barely suppressing a hearty guffaw.

By Tubby Isaacs
Priti has got crime cracked. You know what causes it? Criminals, some of whom have weapons, and some of whom are foreign.

These are staggering findings. In that spirit, I can reveal the existence of the Police, prisons, probation, and courts. Might be an idea to fund these properly in response to criminals.
Timbo liked this

By Abernathy
Arrowhead wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:52 am
It sounds very much like she's going to be sacked soon, perhaps even by Wednesday lunchtime.

Do you know what the most depressing thing is about this story? Give it a couple of years, and it's actually quite easy to picture Patel being restored to a cabinet position - after all, she'd only be following the precedent set by Liam Fox a few years ago. And, of course, past scandals seem to actually enhanced Boris's career. It's almost as if demonstrating gross incompetence whilst holding senior office has become some sort of prerequisite to furthering one's career.
Aaaand the Nostradamus award of 2019 goes to Arrowhead.
Arrowhead, Timbo liked this

News from Groundhog Day: They need us more than we[…]

The new leader of the Labour Party

I can’t think why RLB would look relaxed and[…]

Meanwhile, in Israel...

Netanyahu used the Holocaust memorial to rant at I[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Wot? Like lots of cash in it for them?