•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
That's what technology is for. Apparently.

Do you think it's possible that Ms Patel hasn't bothered to think this through because it's just a gobbet of raw meat to chuck to the slavering dogs od Brexit?
Boiler liked this

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am
Won't there be an issue though with citizens of the other 26 states crossing in to N.I.?
Physical presence isn't really an issue. There is already (I believe, although sands may have shifted) a visa waiver in the offing for EU citizens. There is no system of checking people in an out of the CTA as there is in Schengen.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am
That's what technology is for. Apparently.

Do you think it's possible that Ms Patel hasn't bothered to think this through because it's just a gobbet of raw meat to chuck to the slavering dogs od Brexit?
There's a bit of me that wants the EU to say to Patel and Johnson "Okay, you say 'technology' is the answer. Show us it working, now. Not vapourware, the real deal. Now."

By MisterMuncher
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am
Won't there be an issue though with citizens of the other 26 states crossing in to N.I.?
Not if you eliminate economic migration by fucking the economy to death and shitting it into hell.

By MisterMuncher
It's merely an extension of the hostile environment policy. As before, it's about keeping Pavel the plumber and Ali the chef out. Not so much with the oligarchs, demi-monarchs and overmonied shitheels with worse records than Fergal Sharkey. They're even more welcome.
Boiler, Cyclist liked this
C**t of the day

I'm willing to bet at least 98% of those tweeting […]

Local journalism at its best

I like the idea of raising alarm bells...

The Brexit Party

Prediction of local news on day one. Village fe[…]

The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. […]