Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 65.6 % ❤ 6.6 % :thumbsup: 3.3 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 8.2 % 🙏 1.6 % :cry: 6.6 % :shit: 4.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:43 pm
Remind me, what did she do whilst on holiday that time...?
I'm guessing she speaks to hotel staff and waiters like dirt, when she's on holiday. But you mean this...

Priti Patel: A timeline of how the scandal developed from a family ‘holiday’ to a near-certain sacking
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
If the Johnson administration were a film, Patel would be the villain's gleeful, spiteful sidekick, completely oblivious to the fact she was just as dispensable as the people she screwed over right up to the point where other henchman take her aside for a "special meeting"...

By The Red Arrow
Saturday, 19 September 2020
Priti Patel - Not To Be Sniffed At
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... ed-at.html

...and to strengthen Boilsie's theory that there is indeed a HMHB chune for everything, here's another contender for Pob's walk-on music at the next party conference -

Cyclist, Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I’ll need some credible recommendations to watch this Spitting Image series. It could be good if they got under the (latex) skin of the characters. No Funtime bumbling Boris but a dark, nasty, needy, functioning addict would be interesting. But they’re not going to do that but fuel Bozza the character.

By Tubby Isaacs
youngian wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:25 pm
I’ll need some credible recommendations to watch this Spitting Image series. It could be good if they got under the (latex) skin of the characters. No Funtime bumbling Boris but a dark, nasty, needy, functioning addict would be interesting. But they’re not going to do that but fuel Bozza the character.
Somebody in the LRB ages ago said that Johnson's great fortune was that he was allowed to write his own satire.
Kreuzberger, Oblomov liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
"The Home Office's work in this particular area actually refers to some of the criminality that takes place, and that has happened through traveller communities and unauthorised encampments. Now that's very different to gypsy and roma communities. The two are absolutely separate. Where we have seen criminality, violence taking place. We saw one particular traveller criminal - I can't go into the details of this but basically we saw a police officer that was effectively murdered through a robbery that took place by a traveller family. So there are things that do need to be done and looked at, but obviously from a Home Office perspective we are absolutely doing that."
The actual Home Secretary.

By Andy McDandy
"Oh, I don't mind the Gyppoes, it's the bloody Pikeys I can't stand...".

Sadly I've heard similar from others.

But seriously, people used to mock John Prescott for his word salads. That's just stream of consciousness waffle.
US election 2020

I agree this won't kill him off, because his base […]

"disrupt the nuclear family" Is this […]

Boris Johnson

Spotted elsewhere. https://youtu.be/x_Cizl7ifkA

Labour, Generally.

You need money to win elections. The days of union[…]