Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 64.8 % ❤ 5.6 % :thumbsup: 2.8 % 😯 2.8 % :grinning: 11.3 % 🙏 2.8 % :cry: 5.6 % :shit: 4.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:00 am
What is it with this "I've had to put up with being criticized on Twitter" bollocks? That doesn't make you Joan of Arc.

The bottom line is that with her it all comes down to "You don't like me because you think all Asians should vote Labour". It's very lazy, and it's very wrong.
Tubby Isaacs, Oblomov liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
They really reckon they're on to a political winner with that stuff, "Labour says he's black, we say he's British" 80s stuff. If it's personalized around Patel, it just looks like it's deflecting from poor performance. Might be different if it was Sunak but he doesn't seem to fancy it..

Years ago, someone giving it large like Patel would have had to do a long interview with eg Brian Walden. She couldn't do an interview with Brian Cant.

By crabcakes_windermere
I'm starting to be of the mindset that Patel is hell bent on stopping any form of immigration because the more people that arrive from elsewhere, the more obvious it is by comparison that none of her character stems from being the child of immigrants, or from an ethnic minority, or a woman. It's just because she's a corrupt, spiteful moron.
Oblomov liked this

By cycloon
Priti, the reason people dislike you is because they too assess compassion based on actions. And, frankly, the Tories got a bad look there, you know?

Not to mention anyone with a passing interest in political rhetoric can see your lazy populism is justification for what? Continued ineptitude and grifting. Great. Cheers. Good work.

Get in the sea, the whole fucking lot of 'em

By Oblomov
I thought it was just standard procedure of how a modern home secretary curries favour with the British electorate, by declaring the police as being toothless because of Yooman Ritez yogurt knitters and that sanity will be restored with draconian clampdowns on immigrants and if we can string up nonces by their entrails again.

Her special case of thickness, like May before her, is actually taking this on a passion project rather than just sitting in comfortable inaction aside from making the right noises.
Timbo liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:59 am
I'm starting to be of the mindset that Patel is hell bent on stopping any form of immigration because the more people that arrive from elsewhere, the more obvious it is by comparison that none of her character stems from being the child of immigrants, or from an ethnic minority, or a woman. It's just because she's a corrupt, spiteful moron.
Per Jon Portes, the plans are actually reasonably liberal, at least compared to May. Patel's role is to add nastiness for the base at the margins.

This seems to be very silly. Do they really think Farage won't look at the numbers?

And I think they might be blowing a political opportunity here with non-white voters. Brexiters told them that their families and friends would get a fairer crack without "Poles" in the way. That will probably be true. Why not make a virtue of that?

By Andy McDandy
A few years ago, the Mail, Sun and so on used to run features on "how awful can we be to migrants?" - Australians blowing up a ship, a piece on Rockall or St Kilda with "why don't we send them there?", and so on. It was to a large degree filler - the Australian ship, for instance, was never explicitly confirmed to be one carrying migrants. It was basically masturbatory fodder. Patel seems to have treated them as an instruction manual.

By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:31 am
davidjay wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:55 pm
I wonder, does anyone still think this county is fair and tolerant?
No.And I have relatives who knowingly voted for less fairness and tolerance.
You and me both.
Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/JohnOBrennan2/status/131831500[…]

US election 2020

The Governor of Iowa isn't up for re-election this[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]

The Trump Presidency

Ouch. END OUR NATIONAL CRISIS The Case Again[…]