Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 65.7 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 4 % 😯 2 % :grinning: 10.1 % 🙏 2 % 😟 2 % :cry: 7.1 % :shit: 3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'm getting sick of the Tories playing this one-way debate where the civil servants honour their terms and maintain confidentiality.
Meanwhile the scum (can we say that now [Pogues] or not [Rayner]) blab their unfounded culture war bollocks on twitter.

"Cultural change in the department" - My arse.
Tubby Isaacs, spoonman liked this

By AOB
Depressing stuff on many fronts, today's news. On a wider scale it will make employees hesitant to report bullying behaviour from a superior, and aggressive bosses less hesitant to behave the cunt towards staff. As for Johnson and the rest of the Tories, they were, are and always will be self-serving bastards indifferent to anyone but themselves.

By AOB
She said the work in her department is "deeply challenging" and at the time of the allegations, "issues were not pointed out to me, we were not being supported in our work."
That must make very familiar reading to domestic violence counsellors. "I've had a lot on at work!" "He/she should've told me!"

She says "there are no excuses" despite giving excuses. You don't need to be a professional to see she's not likely to change her behaviour. Courts often sentence DV perps to Building Better Relationship programmes. She's is saying what they say in the first session, only she's not on a course, so she won't change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076

By Bones McCoy
Still leading the news today.
Cunning Boris didn't put this one to bed.

Given the quantity of previous, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't a few retired (hence safe) civil servants from other ministries who might now tell their stories.

By AOB
Defending it is just as bad. Behaviour-wise, this is more than a flashback to Thatcher-era Tories. It'd never gone away, of course, that inherent selfish, empathy-free Tory cuntery, and they might have adapted their public image to make themselves more palatable to modern voters, but this has brought out their true, grotesque colours.

By davidjay
AOB wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 am
Defending it is just as bad. Behaviour-wise, this is more than a flashback to Thatcher-era Tories. It'd never gone away, of course, that inherent selfish, empathy-free Tory cuntery, and they might have adapted their public image to make themselves more palatable to modern voters, but this has brought out their true, grotesque colours.
Thatcher would never have tolerated Patel's behaviour or her impact on public opinion.

By Kreuzberger
AOB wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 am
Defending it is just as bad. </snip>
Precisely. The Ministerial Code has, but way of a mass, coordinated opt-out, effectively ceased to exist.

Worse still, independent inquiries are rendered worthless. Johnson might want to reflect upon that the next time he needs a credible way of booting something in to the long grass. There again, if all accountability has just been removed, why would he care?

WTAF? The laptops sent to schools have Russian vi[…]

The Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/morganfmckay/status/13519341[…]

Roll Call

@Daley Mayle Yo! Are you OK? Not heard fro[…]

The Biden Presidency.

While I;m slightly staggered nothing happened,[…]