•  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:47 pm
The bit I don't understand about this is:

These fighters and brides committed crimes in Syria.
Is this some kind of patermalistic neo-colonialism, us doing their justice for them.

I've formed the opinion that Syrian crimes should be dealt with by Syrian justice.
Well Syrian Justice is run by people who launched chemical weapons on civilians. So probably not the best people to be out dispensing justice.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Home Secretary 'looking carefully' at call to rewrite 650-year-old TREASON law so returning jihadis can be tried like Lord Haw-Haw
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... n-law.html

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn’t the law could be changed and applied retrospectively.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn’t the law could be changed and applied retrospectively.
Yebbut, the law should be tweaked and amended so as to come down like a ton of bricks on trafficked children and victims of statutory rape.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 am
Home Secretary 'looking carefully' at call to rewrite 650-year-old TREASON law so returning jihadis can be tried like Lord Haw-Haw
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... n-law.html

I don't think that is what is proposed. Any law can be repealed and replaced by an "updated" version. In this case presumably to allow 19 year old Jihadi baby mums from Bethnal Green to be strung up.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
The Secret Barrister
‏ @BarristerSecret
2m2 minutes ago

However, what I think we can all say with confidence is that there is absolutely no way the Home Office will have botched this in a rushed attempt to get some Tough Guy headlines, and their process and reasoning will be legally watertight and in no way liable to backfire.

:D :D :D :D
Boiler, Timbo, oboogie and 2 others liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:11 pm
He's just removed her citizenship.

Unless she's got dual citizenship that's agin the law.
Yebbut Yuman Rites, (cos Littlejohn slogans trump any kind of nuanced discussion).

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:11 pm
He's just removed her citizenship.

Unless she's got dual citizenship that's agin the law.
Maybe we'll start paying down at heel client states to adopt some of our unwanted peeps.
It what the Brexiteers would want, Botany Bay and all that.

Think I'm joking?
We're currently paying a bunch of N.Irish M.P.s to turn a blind eye to their principles and prop up the government.
Unfortunately for the government, they'e a canny lot who rediscovered their principles as soon as the cheque had cleared.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
It seems to be on the basis of her mother's Bangladeshi citizenship, which if you squint really hard and examine the law from across a darkened room, counts as her being a citizen there, too.

This will be shot down in a week or two, and immediately followed by cries of "lefty bleeding heart unelected judges stamping on our children's safety". It might even bring about the start of the "out of the ECHR" campaign they've had a concealed semi about for the last few decades, particularly now that Brexit is nearly out of the way.

By Boiler
Timbo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 pm
It might even bring about the start of the "out of the ECHR" campaign they've had a concealed semi about for the last few decades, particularly now that Brexit is nearly out of the way.
Especially as that is the only thing that sits between them and bringing the noose back. That'll be next and when it occurs, the flow of jizz will be unstoppable.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
While the Home Office has not commented, the Guardian understands the home secretary believes section 40(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981 gives him the power to strip Begum of her UK citizenship.

He has made an order and believes the fact Begum’s parents are of Bangladeshi heritage means she can apply for citizenship of that country, which she says she has never visited

Good luck with that. Why would they want her?
As any crimes she may have committed would have been in Syria, I don't see why she can't be tried there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ip-revoked

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
There is no evidence of any crime apart from those against her, being trafficked and raped. Gobshiteing for ISIS while in their keep? Nah, really.

The only telling thing about this increasingly sorry affair is that this announcement seeped through the pores of the Home Office just as the Mail and the Express were going to stone.

Niemöller is never far from the underlying headlines.
Meanwhile in Australia

Well there is at least one bit of good news to com[…]

Nigel Farage

Laughable excuse for being too scared to get off[…]

I did wonder, but it meant that two posts had been[…]

Corbyn already got punched by someone holding an e[…]