•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I can see why Corbyn has called for Amber Rudd to resign at PMQs, but I think he should set his sights higher - the more he can tie this to May (who is ultimately responsible), the more it reflects badly on her.

Rudd may be awful, but she's just the person in the job now. This is May's mess and she knows it.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Damian Green 'dismissed Windrush citizenship pleas'

Document shows May’s former immigration minister said Jamaican migrant’s settled status problems were his own fault
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ship-pleas

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
'Not British enough': ex-high commissioner's baby denied UK passport in 2011

Arthur Snell says Home Office defaults to refusal of citizenship wherever possible to make it difficult for applicants
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... sport-2011

By Projective Unity
Membership Days
crabcakes_windermere wrote:I can see why Corbyn has called for Amber Rudd to resign at PMQs, but I think he should set his sights higher - the more he can tie this to May (who is ultimately responsible), the more it reflects badly on her.

Rudd may be awful, but she's just the person in the job now. This is May's mess and she knows it.
I've given up hope of Corbyn landing blows on anything. Yvette Cooper did a much better job at collaring May https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/ho ... may-hiding

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Interview
‘Britain is my home’: how the hostile environment damage has spread

By Jamie Grierson and Sarah Marsh
Since the Windrush scandal broke, stories have emerged of people from other Commonwealth countries battling to prove their right to remain in the UK
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... d-windrush

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's what great swathes of the population wanted.

My racist brother-in-law is gleeful. He doesn't care that people are being victimised - that's good, according to him. Get all the foreigners out.

Funny thing is, he's comfortable because he made a lot of money working abroad...

I don't like him very much.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 pm
It's what great swathes of the population wanted.

My racist brother-in-law is gleeful. He doesn't care that people are being victimised - that's good, according to him. Get all the foreigners out.

Funny thing is, he's comfortable because he made a lot of money working abroad...

I don't like him very much.
But, as has often been said:

I am an ex-pat.
You are an immigrant.

And in racist Top Trumps...

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
No basis to remain': woman, 63, told she will be removed from UK to Jamaica

Yarl’s Wood detainee handed papers saying she will be placed on specially chartered flight
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... to-jamaica

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
DAN HODGES: The entire nation is hiding behind Amber Rudd over the Windrush outrage
No it isn't. Many of us voted Remain.
But having spoken to government insiders, it is clear vital information on the full implication of policy changes requiring employers, NHS staff, landlords and other bodies to demand evidence of people’s citizenship or immigration status was not effectively communicated by civil servants. ‘Until two weeks ago we honestly thought this affected about ten people,’ one adviser told me.
:roll: :roll:
Contrary to liberal perception, the Windrush generation have not been the targets of a racist drive to evict them from their country of citizenship. Quite the opposite. They were supposed to be excluded from this dragnet of undesirables.
Bullshit! They keep under the radar. It was easier to meet targets by going after the low hanging fruit of legal immigrants and demanding an impossible amount of evidence that they were here legally.

By Boiler
A BBC piece today is open for comments. The top three, so far:

Screenshot-2018-4-29 Windrush pledges 'must be written into law'(1).png
Screenshot-2018-4-29 Windrush pledges 'must be written into law'(1).png (16.12 KiB) Viewed 3712 times

Once again, some twat seemingly thinking that it's compulsory to apply for a passport.
Last edited by Boiler on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
This one continues to run despite several desperate attempts to shut it down.

1. It was the evil Labours (Don't you know they hate the Jews too).

This one died quickly as we found out who had implemented the changes, and tweaked the laws that left the Windrush generation in Legal/Illegal limbo.

2. It was the civil servants (Don't you know they're all lefties at heart, golden pensions and paid more than the P.M.)

This one gained massive traction on ConservativeHome, but failed to flyamong any of the mainstream media.
The tories stopped pushing it after it re-opened reporting of May's disciplinary actions against various senior civil servants and border guards.

3. It was only directed against the illegal ones.

See point 1. Lawmakers are a bit like humpty-dumpty, illegal means whatever you want it to mean.
Less mentioned, is that the pub-bores and street vigilantes don't know or care about illegal or legal.
To them it's a sign that "everybody agrees with me - send the lot back".
With the attendant rise in hostility to any visible minority.

Anecdote time:

My mother in law is 87, her passport expired 3 years ago.
She watches a lot of television especially during the recent snows, and likes to keep up wiht the news.

She has been in a panic, and has made a completely unnecessary passport application (At least she will get a red one).
Her papers are correct, through rather confusing, and we are now stuck in a time limited (This is something new) round of queries with the passport office.
It's a kafkaesque experience for even relatively educated, IT savvy folk with all the necessary papers.
Arrowhead liked this

By Boiler
...and below the top three was this one:

Screenshot-2018-4-29 Windrush pledges 'must be written into law'(2).png
Screenshot-2018-4-29 Windrush pledges 'must be written into law'(2).png (8.13 KiB) Viewed 3712 times

"The BBC are here to report the news not create anger and fanaticism"

I think we all know whose job that is, right kids?! :wink:
The Trump Presidency

Completely unhinged. https://twitter.com/realDo[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

To be fair Steve Bray is an annoying twat as are[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

So this spokesperson is someone simply motivated b[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Marine A allegedly executed an injured prisoner […]