•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The Rationalist wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:46 am
And Brexit Supporting currency speculators everywhere rejoice!
I'm caught in the back wash, yet again. The majority of my income this month and next will be in USD. FML.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Raab and the team have done it!
Sterling falls below $1.23 on no-deal Brexit fears
The pound has fallen further as American traders get to their desks: it has now hit a low of $1.2282 against the US dollar, a decline of 0.8% over the course of the day.

That is the first time that the pound has fallen below $1.23 since mid-March 2017.
By Andy McDandy
At a hotel yesterday. Overheard a gammon couple at breakfast reading the MOS and discussing the exchange rate. "Its the French getting revenge for Boris".
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
I talked to my parent's last night... They think Boris as PM may be a good thing and are supporting No-Deal. I've tried explaining and get no-where apart from an argument and I don't want to do that. My father is in his late 70's taking a lot of tablets, and if no-deal does interrupt the supplies of medicine, it's hardly the time for Schadenfreude or even a 'I told you so' :(

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Dominic Raab has claimed Britain will be in a better position to negotiate a “good deal” with the European Union if it crashes out of the bloc before the end of October.
The foreign secretary believes a no-deal scenario could provide more leverage in the context of a free trade agreement and resolve long-standing issues such as the Irish backstop.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ssion=true

And why would this happen Dom?
The reason being we do as an independent third country and less subject to effectively the demands of the EU as we are now.”
That’s cleared it up. Maybe that’s a Guardian typo. Or Raab has gone loco.

By Tubby Isaacs
Given that Dom's chief fucker up of the Pound at the moment, thought I might put this here. From before the 2017 election.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... rbyn-wins/
The pound is in for “a rough ride” if the Conservatives lose the general election, currency traders and analysts believe, after a number of strong polls for Labour sent the currency into a tumble late last week.

Sterling could fall by another 5pc on a Labour victory, forcing the currency down to $1.20 against the dollar. The pound has not been below this level for a prolonged period at any time since the 1980s.

Against the euro the pound could fall to as low as €1.08 to $1.09, a level not seen since the depths of the financial crisis.
The pound got to below 1.10 Euros today. And to $1.2243. Give Dom time though.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:03 pm
Another sighting of the trump card? We're going to play it after No Deal, are we?
Raab: Ha! you perfidious continental, you have fallen into my trap, here is my trump card.

Cyclist, Tubby Isaacs liked this
2019 General Election

Well... as far as I am concerned, the election is […]

Is he about 2.60 m tall?

Jeremy Corbyn.

Despite my leanings, not sure I can bear to watch […]

Labour, Generally.

If I was Labour and wanting votes from "liber[…]